I noticed my lawn was not getting watered correctly lately so I had my wife run a one-time program for 40 minutes on one circuit and it quit at about 15 minutes so when I came home from work and looked at my OpenSprinkler unit I saw the screen was scrambled. It has worked flawlessly for about a year. I am going to see if a firmware down grade will help. Other than that I have no ideas what to try.
I downgraded to 2.1.6 and I put a 12V power supply on it my current went from about 900 ma to about 1300 ma, but it seems to be working fine now. It might be that the powersupply is dying and messing up the controller.
The scrambled text looks weird and I think it might have to do with corrupted firmware. Perhaps flashing 2.1.6 fixed it by uploading a clean firmware. Should this occur again, please send a support ticket and we can get the controller serviced.