OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Very inaccurate Log and reports

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Sean
    Participant

New OSPi with…

App version 1.3.0
    H/W version v6.4
    F/W 2.1.3

(See attached files for configuration and screen shots. For some reason they posted in reverse order.)

I have two programs running concurrently one starts at 6:00AM and the other starts an hour after sunrise. I have each set to ignore weather. My water is not turned on for the season yet so, even though the controller is running and logging events, I cannot verify exactly when it is really turning on the valves.

My issue is that when I review the log, the reported watering times do not agree with the programs. The reported times change from one screen to the next. So different views of the same day report different times. There is no way for me to know when something actually watered. Once I turn on weather sensing, I will really need accurate reporting.

File SeanOSPI.txt is the configuration.

Fig1.png shows that the garden program started an hour after sunup (good) but the main program missed the first three zones and then started the fifth  zone an hour late.

Figure2.png Shows the same day but I deselected the rain delay and rain sensor. You can see that this changed the reported times of when OSPi thinks the watering happened that day.

Fig3.png shows the table view for that day. It’s times look like that may be correct.

Figures 4 and 5 continued on next post.

Sean
    Participant

…continued.

Fig4.png shows the timeline view of the same day. The times a wrong, but different than the graph.

Fig5.png shows the Preview of the programs for a future date. This shows the expected times.

Help?

Sean

Attachments:

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you for the images and detail. I have loaded your configuration and will begin to troubleshoot this. I will get back to you once I have found the problem.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks again!

Sean
    Participant

Yay! Thank you!    😀

Samer
    Keymaster

By the way, I deleted your configuration because it contained your weather underground API key.

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay, I think I can offer some explanation. One, the graph view has a lot of bugs with the scale of the plot not showing some runs and other issues, so we are removing this in favor of timeline (now default) which helps compare to the program preview.

Second, the timeline and table view were both showing the end time as the start time causing both to be off. This has been fixed.

Lastly, the timeline view on the log page was sorting stations alphabetically which made reading the timeline quite difficult. I have since fixed this to sort by station order.

These changes have resulted in the timeline on log page matching the expected preview and the table view being accurate.

These changes will be found in the next app release.

Thanks for the report!

Sean
    Participant

Woo Hoo!

Thanks Samer!

The laws are starting to green up here in Northern Colorado so I’ll be connecting the valves and pressurizing the system with the new controller this coming weekend.

When do you think the next app release will be released?

Samer
    Keymaster

This next update has quite a few changes so I want to be sure to test everything out before release. The good news is it brings a lot of new features and improved navigation along with a lot of bug fixes. I am hoping by the end of this week we will have the next version out.

Thanks!

Sean
    Participant

Excellent! thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Very inaccurate Log and reports