I put my open sprinkler kit together today, very nice kit!!
When I did the continuity check I had very low resistance less tan 5 ohms from ground to Vcc. There were no solder bridges, I do very clean work. It was only consuming 60 miliamps so I thought it was a component. I spent an hour trying to track it down. Finally I took a break and came back an hour later but still couldn’t sort it out. Flipping the board around a flicker caught my eye. There was a pin jammed into the LCD header. It wasn’t visible when I soldered it in because of the angle I was holding it. The tough part was removing the header from the board without hurting the traces. I finally got it out and the voltage checks are fine.