OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Vopltage to all stations at same time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gerryr1gerryr1
    Participant

Have a Opensprinkler V 2.1.6 with extra 8 station extender.

When powering up open sprinkler to , lets say , station 1 I get 21.6 VAC output at the the Station ! output BUT at the same time I get 6.3 VAC at ALL the other station outputs at the same time. This 6.3 VAC is enough to activate all 16 led warning lights at the same time on my control board.

Is this 6.3 VAC output at all stations normal ??????????

Ray
    Keymaster

It’s normal to see such stray voltage — when the triac is turned off, its drain (or more precisely MT1) pin floats and can easily pick up stray voltage. It’s typically not sufficient to power anything substantial though. Are you seeing all LED lights turning on? How large is the current limiting resistor for each LED?

gerryr1gerryr1
    Participant

Thanks Ray. Problem turned out to be a couple of bad solder joints on my own wiring shorting out the 2 stations .

Next Problem.

I cannot seem to program the unit to operate any more than one station at the same time.

I have a 16 output which I wish to use to program during a 24 hour period, which means that some stations will be operating at the same point in time.

For example:
    sTation 1 start 9.30 am and run for 6 hours

station 4 start 10.20 am and run for 4 hours

station 12 start 1.00 pm and run for 50 minutes

station 8 start 1.30 pm and run for 10 minutes.

I can only get the unit to activate sequentially.That is Station 1 must complete its 6 hours before station 4 starts. This means that station 4 starts at 3.30
    and the others cannot run until each station is finished.

How can I set the program up to do what I want it to do?

Thanks

Gerry

Michael
    Participant

Hi!

I think ist the same Problem like in th post from me:
    https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/program-start-sequentiel/

gerryr1gerryr1
    Participant

Thanks Michael. That was my answer. Everything OK now.

Thanks all appreciate the help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Vopltage to all stations at same time