OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Wanted: Data import from Koubachi Sensors, Handling Rain Water Tank

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tognellacom
    Participant

Dear Team
    I am planning to integrate the opensprinkler controller in my garden. I have now to points to address.

Point 1:
    I use in my garden the Koubachi Outdoor Sensor (https://www.koubachi.com/products/outdoor/) the sensor can provide a lot of data out from the device. There is an API existing to read out the transmitted sensor data. The API is described in https://labs.koubachi.com.

The idea behind is, that there is no need to change any hardware on the controller .I am open to contribute the dev team with development but until now i have only expierience in web development (HTTP/CSS/JS and PHP/MYSQL) and not on the arduino stack. But i am open to learn it.

Point 2:

I hav a Rain Water Tank of 2000 litres capacity. My idea is to use in the first time the rain water in combination with the pump. If the tank is empty the controll should use the hous water in combination with the pump as our water pressure is not that high.

To switch between, i have to valve for it.

Is this possible with out of the box. Perhaps display the level oft the tank as option.

What does the community think about?

Thanks Patrick

Ray
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick, as OpenSprinkler is an open-source product, the firmware source code is completely open and free, so you can make any changes you want. I haven’t checked Koubachi sensor API, so I can’t comment on how easy or difficult it is to integrate the sensor. Also, it’s not entirely clear to me how you want to make use of the sensor data.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Wanted: Data import from Koubachi Sensors, Handling Rain Water Tank