OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) water meter, pressure meter(manometer) for raspberryPI

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

danx297
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m using a open sprinkler PI for my irrigation.
    With a water tank and a pump. A this time I have a level meter installed which opens a solenoid valve to refill with supply water when the level is to low.

My problem is that I have no sensors to proof that the system is working.

I would like to have a water meter at the supply water and also a water meter with manometer after the pump.

Does anyone know a water meter for connection to the rasperry. and a pressure meter/manometer to show the pump is working

Thanks a lot
    Daniel

Ray
    Keymaster

There are some choices of water meter you can find on the market (if you are in the US, you can search on Amazon). These water meters usually have a reed switch inside and sends out clicks (i.e. the switch opens and closes), the frequency of which depends on how fast water is flowing through the meter. We are actually working on getting this supports in the official OpenSprinkler firmware, however, at the moment we are planning to support just one meter so if you need two meters or more you will have to connect some additional wires.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) water meter, pressure meter(manometer) for raspberryPI