OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Water tank level sensor

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

zenonmb
    Participant

Colleagues,

I have a pump that is shared between the tank and irrigation and would like to automate “all” . So if there is no water on the tank, turn on the pump and route water to it and stop it when the tank is full . But also if the plants requires water , route it to the sprinklers . Question is if i can add a level sensor within openSprinkler. I noticed we can add a switch to trigger a program,but there is no more control than that . I mean, as soon as the switch opens again , i need to stop the pump and what i saw is that the switch pass the control to the program (just once).
    Then, yes there is another issue to solve. Which is to prioritize. Provide water to the tank or to the plants first .
    Is there any way to do this without adding anything outside the solution? Yes, cron and a python script can do it, but maybe I can do it within OpeSprinkler.
    Any idea?
    Cheers,

martin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Water tank level sensor