OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Watering level does not update despite successful weather call

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dolfs
    Participant

Running FW 2.1.7 on HW 2.2-AC
    I have noticed my watering level is always at the default. Now I finally had some time to investigate and by using tcpdump found out that my system is making this call:
    `
    http://weather.opensprinkler.com/weather3.py?loc=37.40553,-122.09931&key=&fwv=217&wto=”baseETo”:0.128,”elevation”:50,”pws”:””
    `
    I can also see this call returning data successfully:
    `
    &scale=60&tz=20&sunrise=415&sunset=1150&eip=2728279737&rawData={“wp”:”DS”,”eto”:0.152,”radiation”:5.56,”minT”:57,”maxT”:76,”minH”:49,”maxH”:86,”wind”:5.2,”p”:0.07}&errCode=0%
    `

Yet, the system diagnostic says under “Weather Service Details” “Last Request” with a very recent time (corresponding to when I captured the request), but doesn’t show anything else (results, watering level etc).

I have performed a factory reset and just configured weather options (no stations), it things remain the same. It seems that, somehow the firmware fails to parse the results of the call. This was once working, so I can only surmise that the output has (perhaps subtly) changed to cause this on older firmware.

Since I cannot further upgrade the firmware, and have no particular desire to spend on a newer version just for this reason, I am wondering if anybody knows how things changed. I can then, perhaps, create my own weather service which basically proxies the existing one, making modifications to the results as necessary to support this older system. Alternatively, if somebody knows the reason for this failure and a solution/work around?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Watering level does not update despite successful weather call