August 11, 2015 at 10:03 am #39806
Hello from Portugal,
I’ve the same problem here with my install. Opensprinkler (DC version) is connected through TP-Link-Wifi and i can get/send commands just fine. But the “successfull weather call” remains empty. Although, I do get forecast in the App/Webview. Strange thing: When I connect Opensprinker directly via LAN, it receives weather-data “successfull”, so it’s got something to do with the Wifi-Link. Perhaps a tough timeout? My connection is not the strongest, but working well for UI and commands.
ADD: Just checked with Firmware-Update 2.1.5(2) – no success.
ADD2: Checked with Wireless-Bridge 1m away from Access-Point – no success (so connection strengh is not the problem.)
GreetingsAugust 11, 2015 at 5:02 pm #39823
It’s possible the TP Link is acting as the DNS server for the OpenSprinkler and not replying correctly. I am just suggesting a possible source since the issue is only behind the TP Link wireless device and otherwise works in your wired environment.
If you could, explore the DNS settings on the TP Link and verify they are using your router’s DNS or just put Google’s DNS:
Otherwise, I am not sure why it would work when wired and not on wireless but still allow you to control the device. I say this because being able to use the app or web interface of the OpenSprinkler proves IP connectivity is working and the only missing piece is DNS which is only used for the weather DNS lookup.August 12, 2015 at 8:53 am #39834
Thanks for your quick help! Problem was not the DNS, but a poor connection. When I tried near the access-point, I used another bridge (too lasy to rip the whole install from the wall) – and that one had a DNS-problem, so you were right.
Conclusion: Wifi has to be >= 75dbi
I solved the whole thing by daisy-chainig two PLC-networks….now it’s working like a charm!
GreetingsAugust 16, 2015 at 3:19 am #39886
Since a week or so I’m having the same difficulties. The water percentage is stuck at a certain value and no last successful weather call is shown on the weather diagnostics.
Restarting the OpenSprinkler service (I run OS on a Raspi) immediately fixes it and updates the water percentage, but it gets stuck again after a few days.
Sure, I could restart the service once a day via cron, but that is only a dirty workaround…
MichaelAugust 16, 2015 at 3:20 am #39887
We released firmware 2.1.5 (2) which fixes this issue. More detail can be found here: https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/unified-firmware-2-1-5-minor-revision-2-released/August 16, 2015 at 3:22 am #39888
just noticed that, but you were quicker 😉
I updated to Unified Firmware 2.1.5 minor revision 2 and will watch it further.
Thanks!August 16, 2015 at 3:23 am #39889
Awesome! Let us know if you continue to have issues.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.