OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Watering Schedule Corrupted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tensguy

I have one of the original OpenSprinklers and it has been working just fine. All of a sudden, all of my zones are showing the same start time regardless of their program. This means that all of my valves are opened at the same time causing no sprinkling. This even happens in the run once section. I set up several of my zones with times and when I say “Run Once”, they all come on at once rather than cycling through each one. Is my unit broken? If so, how do I export all of my settings so I can import them into another unit? My firmware is 2.0.0.

Samer
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds like the sequential mode setting got unchecked in the device options.

The easiest way to backup your data is by using the mobile application. This should be available on almost any platform and will allow to import the settings right back in after firmware update.

tensguy

That was the issue. Have no idea how that got unchecked.
    I will still export my settings in case I ever need them.
    Thank you! And my lawn thanks you.

butchhandy
    Participant

I just wanted to bring up the fact that I have had Sequential Mode mysteriously turn off on me about 5 times now over the past few months.

I have been trying to figure out what is doing it before reporting the issue, but have not had any luck. I though it was something I was doing, but the only thing I have done recently has been to extend my rain delay a few time over the past week. Today, I went in to extend it again, and I looked at the schedule, and they were all sitting there waiting to run at 5am again. I went back into settings and turned Sequential back on.

I basically only use the Android app to make any changes. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I logged in directly to the controller.

So, today, I came to the forum to see if anyone else has had the same issue, and found this thread. I was going to start a new thread, but figured I would comment here first and keep things a little more organized with a possible issue.

From the About page in the app:
    App Version is listed as 1.1.7
    Firmware is listed as 2.0.5

Any ideas, or anything else to try? I know about Exporting/Importing my config, but that doesn’t help me when my lawn doesn’t get watered due to all the stations coming on at once. Especially bad if I don’t notice it!

My suggestion is that Sequential should be the default. I’m sure there is a reason it isn’t, but I couldn’t think of a reason that someone would want to default all of their stations to come on at the same time, and have not water pressure to the sprinklers.

Also, I’m not sure if it is an issue with the controller software, or with the App. I’m not sure *when* it happens. I just find out about it when either my lawn isn’t getting watered, or I go into the app and physically check the Preview Programs. I’m willing to help any way I can to track it down though.

Thanks!
    Butch

Ray
    Keymaster

This is the first time I heard of such an issue.

My suggestion is that Sequential should be the default.

Sequential is the default option in factory default settings. For example, if you perform a hardware (i.e. EEPROM) reset, it will turn sequential on. Can you think of any correllations of the 5 times it has been turned off? Also, next time this happens, try to restart the controller and see if the sequential is still off after restarting. This will help us tell if it’s the value stored in non-volatile memory that’s modified, or it’s the run-time variable that’s modified.

butchhandy
    Participant

I haven’t been able to find any link to what is making it turn off yet. My only thought would be that the android app is doing it, since that is how I connect to the controller 99% of the time, and that is usually when I notice it.

Over the holiday weekend, I will play with it some, and try your suggestions.

More to come…

Butch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Watering Schedule Corrupted