OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Weather Adjustment—?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andy Bacon
    Participant

This doest not work for me? What am I missing?

The API key and the calls work but the Opensprinkler math seems to be wrong.

Open sprinkler shows yesterdays high of 88 and low of 60… I have set the adjustments at: temperature 100%, Rain to 0% and Humidity to 0%.

The simple calculation should be 88 + 60 = 148. 148 / 2 = 74 as the mean temperature from yesterday. 4 degrees above the 70 degree baseline.
    all seems good. These numbers are pulled from the weather forcast of opensprinkler web page so I know it is getting the correct info in and I verified it with the weather underground web site manually. Where it breaks is it (Opensprinkler) returns a 94% watering schedule when it should be 116% if it is a 4% increase per degree above 70. If you look at the weather diag pic it shows a mean temp of 68, Incorrcet with reguards to the same data seen in the forcast screen.

What am I missing? Nothing I can ever do has ever scaled above 100% watering.

Andy Bacon
    Participant

bad pic send diags

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

The data that OpenSprinkler uses to calculate watering percentage is queried from the Wunderground API key, and that can be different from what you see on the web, which is queried in a different way. If you want the data to be more predictable, you may consider choosing a specific weather station near you, and choose that station as your Location. That way you know that the data is directly from that particular weather station. Otherwise Wunderground uses aggregated information from a list of nearby stations and that can be different from any particular weather station.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Weather Adjustment—?