OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Weather Adjustment appears to not be working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mpleitner
    Participant

I am new to Open Sprinkler, and I had set things up with the Zimmerman method for adjusting watering – standard settings. Things seemed to be fine when it rained and the sprinklers did not run. It has now been several days without rain, and the sprinklers still are not running, and there is nothing in the logs to indicate what is going on with the calculations. Last run was November 27th. I am in San Jose, CA, and it hasn’t rained for several days.

If anyone can provide a suggestion on how to get the weather adjustment working properly, I would appreciate it.
    I just had to disable weather adjustment to get things watered.

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

Which version of firmware does your controller run? With our latest firmware, you can check the System Diagnostics (on the left side menu of the homepage) to see what’s going on with the weather adjustment.

mpleitner
    Participant

The version info:
    App Version: 2.1.7
    Firmware: 2.1.9 (2)
    Hardware Version: 3.2-AC

I found the System Diagnostics, and this morning weather adjust was calculated at 96%. Weather has been the same for several days, so yesterday should have been the same or similar, but no stations ran. I turned off weather adjustment yesterday on all the stations and things ran this morning. I will turn weather adjustment back on and monitor for a few days.

Is there a way to see the daily history of weather adjustments?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The weather adjustment features are OK but because they use limited historic data they are not perfect. The developers are working on ways to record more history to improve this.

I find the ET calculation better suited my weather than the Zimmerman, but I still need to tweak it as the seasons cycle.

Here in Australia’s east we’ve had a hot summer with no rain for months, the ET worked well cycling up to 200% and during a recent cold spell back down the 75%. We had some rain today (only a couple of millimetres) and the ET adjusted to 75%, with more rain forecast over the next 5 days, I’ve manually set a rain delay for three days.

It’s important to specify your local weather station correctly, I had to define mine a few times to get it to sit on my local airport weather station properly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We had 50mm rain over the weekend and it’s still unseasonably humid, the ET weather algorithm set my weather adjustment at 0% over 3 days, I didn’t need to manually set a rain delay.

I still have the option to set a manual rain delay if required.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Weather Adjustment appears to not be working