OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Weather adjustment frozen at 53%

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Roger
    Participant

Hello

I just updated my opensprinkler to the 2.1.7 firmware hoping it would solve my weather adjustment problem. The water level was set to 53% all the time during the last couple of months. At the moment the temperature is around 95 degrees Fahrenheit and it hasn’t been raining for weeks. Still the water level is stuck at 53%. The wunderground key is working at least it tells me that there was an successful weather update about a minute ago. Also the location is set correct.

Can you please advise?

Thank you

Roger

Ray
    Keymaster

The first thing to check is to go to Edit Options -> Weather and Sensor, and see if the Weather Algorithm is Zimmerman. It could be that after upgrading firmware, for some reason the option reverted back to Manual, and that will get it stuck at 53%.

The second is to check the Weather Diagnosis -> on the homepage, swipe left to right to open the left-side menu, and click Weather Diagnosis. There you can find a time stamp called Last Successful Weather Call. Is it fairly recent? If not, that means the controller is not getting the weather query result. It could be due to a variety of reasons, such as your router blocking the packets to OpenSprinkler, settings a static IP without correctly setting gateway IP, and so on. We can diagnose further if that’s the case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Weather adjustment frozen at 53%