OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Weather Adjustment Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DreamKiller
    Participant

Hi, I am thinking about buying an OpenSprinkler and have a few questions on how the weather adjustment works

1) Does the Zimmerman method adjust the “on time” duration or the frequency (i.e. days between watering) or both? Research I have done suggests it is better to determine a fixed duration to water to a certain depth then adjust the watering frequency according to the weather conditions. It’s not clear to me what is adjusted in OpenSprinkler.

2) For the Zimmerman method, how do you determine what the baseline 100% watering duration is (@ 70 °F (21 °C), 30% Humidity and 0 precipitation) for your particular location, soil type and grass/plants from which to start from?

Thanks for any info!

DK

Ray
    Keymaster

You can find a complete description of Zimmerman’s algorithm on the support document page, specifically this page:
    https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/5000022938/folders/5000099525/articles/5000017312-using-weather-adjustments

1) Zimmerman’s algorithm computes a watering percentage — a scaling factor that is multiplied with the user-set program water time. So it adjusts the duration and not frequency.

2) The baseline is set by the user — the user decides how long to water assuming average weather condition.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Weather Adjustment Questions