Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Breichen
    Participant

I just finished setting up my new OSPi and have found weather underground is no longer supplying free API keys!

Is there an alternative available?

calanish
    Participant

Ray is aware of the issue and is actively looking for alternatives. He posted about it a couple of days ago but it was a sudden unexpected change so no timescale.

Breichen
    Participant

Oops sorry I tried to do a forum search on the topic but must have missed it!

Thanks for the response.

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes we are aware of the issue and have been working to switch weather data provider (to openweathermap). Samer has finished the coding part and we are doing final testing. Should be done in a few days.

smgustafson
    Participant

How will we know if an update when one is available?

JayAr
    Participant

Maybe just another possibility – netatmo.com has a widely used API infrastructure – as you also can buy weather stuff it is a cool thing to use.
    It’s actual free and has a good coverage – a lot like wunderground.
    https://dev.netatmo.com/en-US/resources/technical/introduction

Also widely used in openhab.org…

Ray
    Keymaster

@smgustafson: the update is already done — this does not require any firmware update, it’s just a change on the opensprinkler weather server. We’ve updated the weather script to automatically use OWM API if no WU key is provided, and WU API if the key is provided.

[email protected]
    Participant

I must be doing something wrong here. I still get an error when I try to get the weather diagnose. I have not provided any key.

Ray
    Keymaster

The weather diagnose is a bug we need to fix on our side. See discussions here:
    https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/no-more-free-wunderground-api-key/#post-50414

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.