OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Weather-based water level error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

navy2x
    Participant

I’m getting an error on the Weather-based water level plugin page. See screenshot below. I have an OpenSprinkler Pi v1.3 running software v2.1.2. Anyone have suggestions? Do I need to install a certain python library for this to work?

Weather-base water level encountered error:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py", line 85, in run
        history = history_info()
      File "/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py", line 319, in history_info
        'humidity': float(day_info['humidity'])
    ValueError: could not convert string to float: 

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/V9VG2Wx

Thanks for the help!

wingnut
    Participant

It seems we might be in the same boat… I have the following error listed below! I have just upgraded to V2.1.2 yesterday and it was working last night. Not able to convert string to float, I wonder if it has to do with WU replacing 0.0 with NULL or something like that. I hope someone we come to our rescue but until then I disabled mine because it was running up my WU API calls and didn’t want it to go over the 500 calls per day and start using my raindrops.

File “/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py”, line 87, in run
    today = today_info()
    File “/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py”, line 340, in today_info
    ‘rain_mm’: float(day_info[‘precip_today_metric’]),
    ValueError: could not convert string to float: —

navy2x
    Participant

The error is now a bit different for me:

File "/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py", line 85, in run
        history = history_info()
      File "/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py", line 317, in history_info
        'rain_mm': float(day_info['precipm']),
    ValueError: could not convert string to float: T

wingnut
    Participant

I just got mine working by going to the Option’s tab and in the Location field I put pws:mystationID
    Hope this helps

navy2x
    Participant

Looks like that worked for me too! At least I no longer get an error. For those who are getting similar issues, this seems to be a temporary patch. On the Options page, go to the Location text field and instead of your zip, put “pws:” (for personal weather station) and enter the Station ID of the closest weather station to you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Weather-based water level error