OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Weather is just wrong

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mnot
    Participant

I was wondering why my sprinklers were running today, because it’s been raining for ~2 days, and still raining today.

Looking at the weather in my OS (2.3DC, 2.2.0(2) firmware), things are completely off — temperature ranges that are 5-10 degrees celsius too high, and no rain.

I tried changing my location to a few places nearby — including at known weather stations — but no real differences.

Is this a known problem?

(I’m in Melbourne, Australia, if that makes a difference)

Seth
    Participant

This morning my yard is covered in ice because OpenSprinkler has a 77% water level when it’s 25F outside.

Earlier it rained the entire day, but according to OpenSprinkler the precipitation was zero the entire time and had my sprinklers running in the rain. I added a wired rain sensor to hopefully stop it in that case.

I’m planning to look at github and try to learn how it gets weather because it’s clearly not doing the right thing. I’m new to OpenSprinkler, this is my first watering season with it.

ecto1a2003
    Participant

I am having very similar issues. Been raining for hours here and opensprinkler still wants to runn. Is there a valid alternative to apple/darksky? It seems to not be very trustworthy anymore? I use eto and i know wunderground doesn’t provide info for it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Weather is just wrong