OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Weatherunderground API calls exceeded

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mrabe
    Participant

I’m not sure if I should post this here, or as a reply to the ongoing discussion of the same subject in the other (non-pi) forum.

My OSPI is running version: 2.2.7 (2015-02-04). I saw similar errors on a previous version of OSPI, but this was fixed with an update. Now I’m seeing the errors again, and I’ve received four notices in the last two weeks that I exceeded the API call limit. Three of those notices were over a span of four days. Looking at the WU analytics page, I can see that OSPI and WU are talking on a very erratic schedule that doesn’t make any sense to me. Nothing has changed with the OSPI over the days shown below.

40-140 calls per day  3/1/15 – 3/4/15

2400 calls on 3/5/15

1400 calls on 3/6/15

1-8 calls on 3/7/15-3/8/15  (?)

1500 calls on 3/9/15

1400 calls on 3/10/15

Today, I’m getting the following error on the OSPI plugin configuration page:

Weather-base water level encountered error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py”, line 87, in run

today = today_info()

File “/home/pi/OSPi/plugins/weather_level_adj.py”, line 345, in today_info

‘rain_mm’: float(day_info[‘precip_today_metric’]),

ValueError: could not convert string to float: —

Any suggestions?

Ian
    Participant

mrabe
    Participant

I have seen that. I actually replied to that thread back in December when I was having similar issues. After that, the problems went away with a software update. Now it seems the problems are back in the version I am using.

I guess one solution would be to roll back to the version that was working.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Weatherunderground API calls exceeded