• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gfm

I just upgraded my OpenSprinkler 2 to firmware 2.0.8 and now I can’t get to any of its web pages. I seem to remember having this problem at some stage in the past, but I can’t remember how I fixed it.

I can see that it has the correct IP address and port by pressing the B1 button.

When I type the IP address into my browser’s address bar, the page goes a mid-grey colour. I see “Transferring data from rayshobby.net…” in the status bar for a few seconds and then nothing but the grey screen. When I open the browser’s Web Console and refresh the page, it shows the following:

Use of getUserData() or setUserData() is deprecated. Use WeakMap or element.dataset instead. requestNotifier.js:63

The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

SecurityError: The operation is insecure. home.js:159

The browser is Firefox 31.0 on FreeBSD. I’ve disabled AdBlockPlus. I can ping it, and I can connect to its port 80 via telnet.

Does anybody have any clues, please?

Thanks,
    Graham

Samer
    Keymaster

This is a browser issue. First off, requestNotifier.js is not my code that is a FireFox plugin. Second, the HTML encoding is not true, I do declare but it has to be injected via Javascript so FireFox is complaining before the page finishes loading. Third, the reason your page isn’t loading is due to: SecurityError: The operation is insecure. home.js:159.

The code on this line of Javascript is this:

sites = JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem("sites"))

This tells me you likely have malformed data inside your “sites” configuration. The easiest way to fix this, since you have knowledge of the console, is to issue the following command inside the console:

localStorage.removeItem("sites")

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

gfm

Thanks very much for replying. When I issue that command in the Web Console, I get the result:

[Exception… “The operation is insecure.” code: “18” nsresult: “0x80530012 (SecurityError)” location: “”]

The same problem still exists.

Should I try creating a new Firefox profile?

Thanks,
    Graham

Samer
    Keymaster

That tells me your browser is disabled localStorage. I believe the way to turn it back on is to follow these steps:

1) Navigate to: about:config

2) Scroll down to: dom.storage.enabled

3) Ensure that this is enabled

Also, Firefox seems to disable localStorage if you disable cookies. This will also prevent the UI from working.

gfm

Thanks very much Salbahra – it was the cookies. I don’t know how they got disabled, but it’s all working now. Also, thanks for your work on the UI and mobile app.

Cheers,
    Graham

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.