OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests webcam monitoring of vegetation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

I’m very frustrated with my sprinkler control systems, and am looking for ways of building a closed loop control system – controlling water delivery via feedback from what the vegetation is doing, rather than predicting it and hoping the predictions work.

One idea is to have a web cam view the area being monitored, and present a timelapse movie for the user to see.. for example, showing the color of the lawn, with dials indicating the temperature, amount of water delivered, etc. The user could then dial in the water delivery visually to see the effect of the various watering schemes on the lawn behavior. Eventually, this could be automated, so that the computer could look at the colors on the image and make the watering decisions directly.

I’m also wondering what the status of a flow sensor for Open Sprinkler is…

Tom

Ray
    Keymaster

You can probably use an OSPi with a RPi camera module to achieve what you described.

There have been discussions about the flow sensor on the forum, notably this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=22&t=125
    I have just purchased a flow sensor and will experiment with it soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests webcam monitoring of vegetation?