OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware What is the real MAC address?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

aruzsi
    Participant

Hi,

OpenSprinkler-01 192.168.y.x 00:69:69:2d:31:01

OpenSprinkler-00 192.168.y.x-1 00:69:69:2d:31:00

I’ve got only one box!
    It changed it IP address from DHCP server.

I want to make static host <-> MAC association but what is the real MAC?

TIA,

Samer
    Keymaster

Recently, a lot of user’s have been complaining of frequent local IP changes and I think you just provided the reason. If the MAC is changing then this is a problem.

aruzsi
    Participant

Hi,

I just checked my DHCP of OWRT and I could see there were 2 OpenSpinkler- 00 and 01!
    I haven’t found any device or box which changing its MAC address alone without any explicite MAC configuration change.

Do you know the reason?

TIA,

Samer
    Keymaster

Not yet, I am sure Ray will read this and let us know what is going on.

aruzsi
    Participant

Maybe here is the answer:

“Device ID: sets the last byte of the controller’s MAC address. Default 0.”

My Device ID was changed to 1, so th elast byte of MAC became 01. That’s why I got new IP from the DHCP server.

So now I can reset DID to 0 and use the static MAC to IP association on the DHCP server.

TIA,

Samer
    Keymaster

Oh okay, if you changed that yourself, then that would explain it. I had assumed that was untouched.

Thanks for the follow up!

Ray
    Keymaster

The reason it shows 2 devices is probably just because the router keeps a history of devices that have been connected to it in the past. If your router shows a list of ‘active clients’ there should be only one OpenSprinkler device there.

You are right that the device ID sets the last byte of the MAC address. This is provided as an option for those who want to use more than one OpenSprinkler on their network. Normally if you just have one OpenSprinkler you can leave the device ID as the default 0.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware What is the real MAC address?