OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App What tools are used to build the phone apps?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

slick
    Participant

Hi,

I’m wondering what tools are used to actually move the app to Google Play and the appStore?
    If anyone has an example tool chain flow, I’d be greatful.
    I’m just looking for a bullet list or a little more info to understand what it would take, and where I’d start if I wanted to do something similar…

Thank you

Ray
    Keymaster

Samer can answer this question more accurately, but I believe it’s built with Apache Cordova.

slick
    Participant

Thanks Ray, if Samer has more info, it’ll be good to know, but this will give me something to start looking at 🙂

Samer
    Keymaster

There’s many methods to accomplish this many of which are fully automated. For us, after we build the web app using Grunt as the task runner, we use the Cordova CLI to build our applications (APK and IPA). Once you do that, you just have to upload it to the store. For Apple, we use Transporter which allows you to drag and drop an IPA for upload. For Google, we upload the APK to their website.

If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Thank you!

slick
    Participant

Hi Samer,

I just wanted to say thanks for the info. I have a lot to learn, and you’ve helped me get started, I appreciate it.

Samer
    Keymaster

No problem! If you need anything else please don’t hesitate to ask.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App What tools are used to build the phone apps?