OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Where to get the Blynk app for OsBee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

paulmorley
    Participant

Ray, I bought the osbee earlier last week. I have it running and all is working fine however, i could not find the Blynk App you referenced in the video and in the product description. Finally after multiple hours of reading, I stumbled across it (and the QR Code) in the github repo. I read and searched blog posts, forum entries, support faq’s etc. Unless i’m somehow just missing it, it doesn’t seem very clear where to get it.

In the event this is helpful, i’ll give you my idea for where i would have expected to find it.
    On the OSBEE sticker you packaged the hardware in with a small blurb about downloading the blynk app for phone first then use the qr code to load the app.
    On the product page where you described all of the other features.
    In the blog posting where you went into more depth about the product.
    In the video you put together for the product.

Otherwise, i’m loving it and it works great. Thanks so much.

One more tiny thing. Apparently the hardware design was changed and it’s not as obvious where the non-latching jumper is now. Someone’s gonna fry their board by soldering the wrong things together…

Thank

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry about the confusion. The QR code is here:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OSBeeWiFi-App/tree/master/Blynk
    (in the OSBee-WiFi-App github repo).

The non-latching jumper is marked by a silkscreen that says Non-Latch Jumper and it should be relatively easy to find. Also, for people who want to operate non-latching valves, we recommend OS 3.0 and do not recommend OSBee any more, since both use the same ESP8266 WiFi chip but OS3.0 has many more features.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Where to get the Blynk app for OsBee