OpenSprinkler Forums Third-Party Software Which API command to control zones?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

zenonmb
    Participant

Colleagues,

I am working in a remote control that uses the API to open/close zones manually. Question is which command should I use, since I found two options.

From API doc

12. Manual Station Run (previously manual override) [Keyword /cm]
    or
    18. Start Run-Once Program [Keyword /cr]

Is there any difference between them? I tested both and do not see major difference.
    I have a 5 zone system and was planing 1 button to turn on each zone individually and 1 for turn them all . I have started using #12 , and that is ok for each one individually, but can not send just one command to turn them all . Then found # 18 that is exactlly that . In particual to turn them off (using #18) simply put time=0 .

any advice?

DaveC
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve looked at the details of the program I wrote so my recollection of how I did things may be a little off.
    The 2 commands you note are functionally different.

12. Manual Station Run (previously manual override) [Keyword /cm]
    Turns a single specified station On or Off. Based on your description of what you want to do, I would use this command.

18. Start Run-Once Program [Keyword /cr]
    Will execute the program described in the list. If the program described only lists the time for a single station, it will run that single station. In that regard it is functionally similar in result to 12, but you have build a list of zones. I don’t think about it as a way to turn zones off. I’ve not tried it, but I would have thought that it would simply queue zones to run and NOT impact anything that was currently running.
    I use 18 when I want to run a set of zones that are not part of an already defined program. E.g. I want to run zones 3, 4, 9 and 10 for 30 minutes because it’s been exceptionally warm and dry and I want to water the 4 sunniest zones. This would be similar to executing 12 4 times, once for each zone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Third-Party Software Which API command to control zones?