OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware will not work without access to the internet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

steelcity

I have a very frustrating problem – I can not seem to get the user interface to work without the router it is attached to having access to the internet. All things be configured the same – my opensprinkler works great from my Mac on the LAN – but the UI will no longer work if I unplug the WAN wire from the router to the internet. I have no idea’s what is happening. Is it stuck waiting for NTP or something?

I am planning to use in a location with no internet access – any ideas? I can ping the unit just fine.

Thanks for you help!

Ray
    Keymaster

The controller doesn’t need to access the Internet in order to run. But the browser (i.e. http client) you are using to access the controller homepage needs to be able to access the Internet. This is because rendering the controller webpage requires Javascripts that are by default stored on rayshobby server. Alternatively you can store these Javascripts on your local server (such as a raspi as several people have done).

steelcity

Now I understand – Thanks for the quick response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware will not work without access to the internet