OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Windowless OSPi Enclosure ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mgrooms
    Participant

Ray, I’m “this” close to ordering a OSPi kit, but have a question.

The current kits come with an enclosure with a window cutout (for LCD screen used by the OSP, I’m guessing). Would you hazard to guess when you will run out of these enclosures and begin supplying a windowless one? Perhaps with the matching artwork (as the 16-channel expansion enclosure) printed on it?

Ray
    Keymaster

Because it’s a big investment to make a new enclosure, we don’t have immediate plan to make a dedicate enclosure for OSPi.

Instead, I am trying to finalize the design of the OSPi 1.5 A+: a special version for RPi A+ which will have an LCD and buttons just like the microcontroller-based OpenSprinkler. This way it will fully use the current enclosure. For details, check this blog post:
    http://rayshobby.net/work-in-progress-opensprinkler-pi-ospi-a-will-finally-close-the-gap/

Pat
    Participant

I’m close to purchasing, too. Does it make sense to wait for the A+ enclosure (is there a timeframe)?

Ray
    Keymaster

We are not ready to release the A+ dedicated version yet. It will be at least a few more months till it’s finalized.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Windowless OSPi Enclosure ?