OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Windows Driver Operation/Opensprinkler recognition Problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jgrylls
    Participant

I have been having ongoing problems with my Win 7 PC failing to recognise my Opensprinkler and appearing to not have the correct driver installed.

Specifically, after successfully installing the driver once, on subsequent occasions when connecting in bootloader mode, Windows fails to recognise the Opensprinkler and gives an “unknown hardware” error suggesting that the driver has gone missing. All attempts to reinstall the driver fail and then after many attempts, Windows randomly accepts the
    Opensprinkler and firmware upgrading can continue.

It transpires that when Ray writes “hold pushbutton B2 while plugging in a USB cable, then release B2 within 2 seconds), and let Windows detect the device” he really mean it. If one holds pushbutton B2 too long it corrupts/prevents the id string being sent from Opensprinkler to PC causing Windows to fail to recognise the device and give the “Unknown Hardware” error.
    This same situation would cause problems when Initially installing the Windows drivers too.

Att. Ray
    On the basis that there could be others as inept as myself, it may be worth stressing this in the documentation.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Windows Driver Operation/Opensprinkler recognition Problems