OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Wrong Time after DST Change

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

automate
    Participant

&scale=-1&tz=16&sunrise=402&sunset=1020&maxh=-1&minh=-1&meant=-500&pre=-1.000000&prec=-1.000000&hc=-1

Ray
    Keymaster

That’s the correct return.

So I repeated your experiment: setting time zone manually on the controller to +14:00, upon NTP syncing, it got the time of UTC+14:00, then after about 30 seconds it reset the time zone to UTC-5:00 and obtained the current time of UTC-5:00 (because the location is Boston,MA). I can’t reproduce the issue you reported, and I honestly don’t have a clue.

automate
    Participant

I originally had the controller out in the garage using a network extender, but have moved it into the office connected directly to the router for these tests. It hasn’t made any difference.

Ray
    Keymaster

It has been brought up in another thread that when OpenSprinkler’s port number is not 80, the query to weather script will fail, and I realized this will affect the time zone query as well because the time zone query uses the same script. I didn’t think it’s related to your case, because you said you performed a reset of the controller, so the port number must be reset to 80. Just to bring this up in case it’s relevant.

automate
    Participant

That was it! I set it to port 80 and the NTP set the clock correct to my zip code.

I did do a reset and the port defaults to 80, but then I reset the port to 90 to access the menu through the web interface. I wanted to use a port that isn’t so obvious.

This also explains why my Wunderground wasn’t making the expected adjustments and sometimes coming up blank.

Is there a chance this will be fixed in future updates?

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, I’ve found the bug in the firmware that leads to the port number and will be releasing an update very soon. Thanks.

automate
    Participant

Ray,

Thanks for hanging in there with me to figure this out. The issue wasn’t a big deal since I could have manually set the time, but you took my issue seriously and came up with the solution. I’ll be watching for the update.

Walt

Ray
    Keymaster

No problem. You helped us discover a bug, so many thanks to you.

Ray
    Keymaster

Coming back to this thread: the HTTP port issue (which caused time and weather data to not update properly) has been fixed in firmware 2.1.1. Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Wrong Time after DST Change