Ive been having a lot of fun with the opensprinkler.
One of the issues I have run into is the calculation of watering percentage. If you look at the attached, you will notice we got 0mm of rain yesterday whereas when I actually looked at it last night it was showing 11mm (doesnt seem to go beyond this number).
We actually had 26mm of rain yesterday, but for some reason the weather diagnostics page clearly indicates trouble in obtaining rainfall data for the previous day.
I woke up this morning to see my lawns had been watered despite the rain yesterday.
Van someone point me on how I may go about fixing this?
The weather data is obtained from WUnderground weather API, so if this is the data they report then there is not much we can do about it. If you let me know your location (for example, export your configurations and attach it to a support ticket to opensprinkler.com/support) we can check and see if at least there is no error in the way we parse the data obtained from WUnderground API.
1st one was the DST, my system was always -1 h, after inserting the WU key everything was ok. The DST is done by WU?
2nd was with the Yesterday Rainfall/precipitation that are always 0, that was because i have set my location and AFTER put the WU key, everything was working except the Yesterday Rainfall/precipitation, i have re-set the location, now on map appears also the station near here, choose one and the Yesterday Rainfall/precipitation works now correctly.
Our weather script attempts to use free online service to obtain DST by default, but the free service is not always reliable. If a WU key is provided, the script will use WU API to get DST, which is much more reliable. So without WU key, it might fail to obtain correct DST (if the free service is unavailable at the time of request), whereas with WU key, it’s generally always successful.