OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Zimmerman run times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rick
    Participant

Hi all

I have just installed my system open sprinkler 2.2u (in think) latest unit anyway

I have different situation to most i have limited water and therefore have set up a system with T-Tape/Aquatraxx and Clay soil that holds its moisture

i only need to run the system for say 12 minutes on a regular day that’s dry @ 30C  2 times once in the morning and once in the evening
    (18 litres per minute x 12 216 liters over approximately 200 meter long single row)

now comes my problem I need the system to run for 4 minutes Minimum! just to fill all the lines or the highest point wont receive any irrigation however with the USE WEATHER Option (zimmerman) because of humidity its cutting my time down to about 4 minutes i need to be be able to set the system to still use that weather data but set a limit to max and min run times

Example would be to set the run time @12 minutes  with weather data option on but be also able to set a MIN of 6 minutes and MAX of say 25 minutes

and have Zimmerman’s weather formula work inside my limits, still stop the water etc for rain and all other things just limit the range that Zimmerman can work inside?

I hope this makes sense

would this be possible to implement  or am i asking too much,or is there another way around my problem?

thanks guys and  btw Awesome work with this project

Kind Regards

Rick

Ray
    Keymaster

The best solution is probably to customize the weather script (it’s written in Python) and host it on your own server somewhere (it can even by a Raspberry Pi sitting at your home). But this does require re-compiling the firmware because the weather script location is currently hard coded and cannot be modified through the web interface.

Another workaround is to use two programs to simulate what you need: one program is set to start, say at 8am, with 6 minutes of water time (i.e. your minimum), set ‘use weather’ to ‘off’; the second program is set start after the first program finishes (e.g. 8:06), and 6 minutes of water time as well, but ‘use weather’ is enabled. The overall effect of the two programs is that you have a minimum of 6 minutes of water time, average of 12 minutes of water time (assuming watering percentage is 100%), and a maximum of 21 minutes of water time (6 + 6 * 250%).

Rick
    Participant

Thanks very much Ray that will work if i run more than 1 program.

But it would be a nice option to have in the settings 🙂

Kind Regards

Rick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Zimmerman run times