OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Zone scheduled for 10 minutes ran for 45 minutes

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

i.van.beckhoven
    Participant

tested the solution davidjb posted. Works for me!

git checkout 1ed9d26297c2b2e5daf17d4e6af98e0e3ea4366a

I also noticed that the accuracy of the job duration is now to the second. First with webpage open it was approximately the job time say 5 min and 25 sec or 5 min and 14 sec and even 6 min.

davidjb
    Participant

Returning to the commit above sees my scheduled programs working again, which is great. Hopefully this helps with bisecting where the issue was introduced.

That said, I believe this firmware has an issue where programs scheduled for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) will only run intermittently (see my other post).  I’ll be interested to see if this issue returns or can reproduced by others.

Going forward from a dev point of view, if there’s a way to have Open Sprinkler output verbose, debug-level logs and/or tracebacks for errors, then I can assist by digging into the code if/when these issues occur.

Tony
    Participant

Great, thanks for that. I may stay where I am for a while and see whether the guys fix it.

I’m glad there’s a fall back though.

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, the firmware had a bug. After spending hours debugging tonight, apparently it’s a bug in setting a socket as ‘non-blocking’. The bug should be fixed now. Please see my post here:
    https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/programs-only-seem-to-run-when-website-or-app-is-open/#post-36743

s3v3n7w0
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your support.

I loaded the updated firmware before my sprinkler job today.

My first zone ran okay, but during the second zone run, my browser reported a connection error in red across the bottom of the page.  After this occurred, the zone ran past its scheduled duration, and I needed to PS/OFF the unit to stop it.  All zones subsequently started manually finished properly, however, the browser connection stayed up through its duration.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Zone scheduled for 10 minutes ran for 45 minutes