OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Announcing OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware 2.1.9

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

mmavrof
    Participant

@Ray: Update regarding network issue:
    Router’s (TP-Link Archer MR200) firmware is updated to the latest version.
    After upgrading the OS controller to 2.1.9, I checked the router’s Log and noticed that there is a repeating exchange of the following sequence of 4 messages with the controller:
    1) “Recv DISCOVER from {OS controller’s MAC addr.}”, 2) “Send OFFER with ip {Reserved IP for OS controller}”, 3) “Recv REQUEST from {OS controller’s MAC addr.}”, 4) “Send ACK to {Reserved IP for OS controller}”.
    This sequence continuous forever, causing delay issues and network failures to the LAN.
    When reverted back to OS version 2.1.7, the issue disappeared (the reserved IP was assigned during the first try, without any retries initiated by the OS controller).
    I hope the the above information might help to resolve the issue.

Ray
    Keymaster

I guess the best way to debug is to acquire the same router so we can do some in-house testing. Out of curiosity, where did you buy this router? I looked on Amazon and can’t find this particular model.

bena
    Participant

I had the same issue when setting my OpenSprinkler to DHCP and assigning a static IP to it within my router while connected via a wired Ethernet conenction.
    I found using WireShark that the OpenSprinkler kept sending DHCP Discover and DHCP Request messages 5 to 6 times a second.
    This would cause the OpenSprinkler to be slow to respond to button presses and the screen would flicker.

I am using a DIR-882-US AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router on the latest firmware.

I resolved the slowness by setting a static IP address within the OpenSprinkler web application but now I’m seeing frequent instances where the OpenSprinkler stops responding to web requests and requires a reboot. Oddly enough it continues to respond to pings, but just not http requests.

OpenSprinkler V3
    Firmware 2.1.9(1)
    Wired Ethernet

Ray
    Keymaster

There is always the possibility that the Ethernet module itself is the problem. If you submit a support ticket, we can arrange to send a replacement Ethernet module to see if it addresses the issue. You can also search for ‘ENC28J60 module’ on Amazon to get a replacement.

mmavrof
    Participant

– I bought TP-Link Archer MR200 (as an LTE 4G Router) officially from my ISP (one of the biggest internet providers in Greece), in order to avoid incompatibility issues. (Previously, I had bought different routers from the market and faced compatibility issues.)
    – Please consider the fact that I experience exactly the same problem/behavior with both the OS v2.3 controllers I have; I bought the 2nd several months later than the first, to be used only as a backup. Therefore, I believe that the chances to get rid of the problem by replacing the Ethernet module are very small.

bena
    Participant

Yes, I forgot to mention I already tried a replacement ENC28J60 module from Amazon and it did not help.

Ray
    Keymaster

@mmavrof: sorry, my message was meant for those who have OS 3.x with wired Ethernet module. Since you have OS 2.3, that doesn’t have replaceable ethernet module, so we will have to try to resolve it through firmware changes.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Announcing OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware 2.1.9