OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Feature request: Guessing the approximate amount of water used

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Zoltán
    Participant

Hi there,

I know Ray is testing how a Dwyer water flow sensor could be used to measure water consumption.

I do not know much about those smart meters, but I have not enough room for one, they are not cheap and I guess they also need to be replaced cca. every 5-10 years as other meters do. Therefore I decided not to go that way.

However, as the most of us, I want to monitor my water consumption by zone.

My idea is to measure the consumption of every single zone once for a certain period of time, let’s say 10 minutes.

Then we could add this data to zone properties in the the app (DB scheme need to be modified). Because the controller knows which zone was open for how long, it could calculate the approximate water consumption in a report. I say approximate because water pressure may change from time to time, but I can live with that.

Any feedback?

Thanks,
    Z

Zoltán
    Participant

I discovered an identical thread @ https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/request-to-add-new-details-to-stations-flow-rate-description/. Please delete this, if you wish. Thx, Z

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Feature request: Guessing the approximate amount of water used