OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Help for new installation Ospi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tobi
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Could you help me for a new installation, my old setup are crashed as I mentioned in a other thread

Update

When its not possible, because Ive no Linux background, Ive to switch back to my Gardena system.

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

I think I was pretty clear in the other thread:

This is most likely because your Raspbian is outdated, for example, if you’ve created your SD card from the pre-configured SD card image of OSPi (several years ago), that Raspbian is unfortunately outdated and does not support the IPv6 feature in the current firmware. The solution is to burn a new Raspbian system using the latest Raspbian image from RPi website, and then follow instructions here to install OpenSprinkler firmware:
    https://openthings.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/5000631599-installing-and-updating-the-unified-firmware

If you don’t want to install new Raspbian, you can also roll back to an earlier firmware, but next time there is a firmware update you will encounter the same issue again, so it’s better to just solve it now.

Tobi
    Participant

Thanks Ray,

I did the Raspian update.
    But after installing I realize that the old preconfigurated SD Card intallation have another Folder Structure.

Should I (without Linux experience) follows your mentioned instructions?

Is this update compatible with my old Ospi?

Thanks

Thomas

Ray
    Keymaster

Did you read what I said? I will repeat:
    This is most likely because your Raspbian is outdated, for example, if you’ve created your SD card from the pre-configured SD card image of OSPi
    The solution is to re-burn your SD card with the latest Raspbian.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Help for new installation Ospi