OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 559 total)
  • Author

kenbob

I have been really pleased with this mobile app and all the hard work you have done salbahra. It looks very professional.

Here are some suggestions that you may consider if you like. If you have already covered or discussed any of this please forgive me. 😕

Option to edit Opensprinkler IP Address
    Option to change the password for Opensprinkler
    Option to change the password for Mobile Web App
    5 Day Weather forcast next to the new current temp (really not important)
    Show the station that is currently running on the main page
    Show a 7 day Program Preview of the stations or have an additional button to view
    Stop all stations should have a message box warning to proceed
    Move the System Information section above the Program Control on the main page

matt
    Participant

Great job to all involved in this project! I have set up a new OSPi and have one last issue with my setup that is causing the scheduled programs not to run. I can run each station manually or run the Run-Once Program without any problem, but the schedule doesn’t seem to be kicking off even though it shows correctly in the Program Preview. I’m not sure what I am missing.

Samer
    Keymaster

@kenbob wrote:

I have been really pleased with this mobile app and all the hard work you have done salbahra. It looks very professional.

Here are some suggestions that you may consider if you like. If you have already covered or discussed any of this please forgive me. 😕

Option to edit Opensprinkler IP Address
    Option to change the password for Opensprinkler
    Option to change the password for Mobile Web App
    5 Day Weather forcast next to the new current temp (really not important)
    Show the station that is currently running on the main page
    Show a 7 day Program Preview of the stations or have an additional button to view
    Stop all stations should have a message box warning to proceed
    Move the System Information section above the Program Control on the main page

Thank you very much! In regard to your suggestions:

1,2,3) There are multiple reasons I cannot do this (for now). The first one is security. The variables are stored in a configuration file which is actually a PHP file. If I allow strings to be manipulated a larger number of things go awry, especially from a security standpoint. I would have to meticulously validate all input to overcome this. I will see what I can do however it is my guess that most user’s wont be changing the device’s IP if setup correct to begin with (static IP or static DHCP reservation). Also, I do not allow the password to be changed on the OpenSprinkler through my mobile app and thus do not allow the configuration to be changed. I think these things, for now, need to be handled through the native OpenSprinkler GUI.

4) I do not have enough room to cram the forecast in the space next to the temperature on mobile devices and thus have spent no time bringing that information in. It is possible to allow “scrolling” of the weather on narrow screens and a full forecast on wider screens but I really don’t think Yahoo! weather information is the best source of forecast information. A lot of user’s seem interested in me switching to Weather Underground and allowing user’s to set an API key to use the service. This is something I am looking into however I really do not expect this to come to fruition. The main hesitation I have with this is most weather app’s on mobile will be far superior to anything I will create and show much better information. I really just wanted a quick overview of the weather and was happy with that. Again, not saying anything is final but that is where I stand on the issue. If anyone wants to patch/modify the code and push the changes to the main branch please do and let me know! I would be glad to help in this endeavor.

5) This is something I really want and just have not had time to incorporate in. I will say, expect this feature soon!

6) I am having trouble fitting one day’s program on the screen and seriously doubt I could find a way to fit 7 days. I realize you are probably using a desktop or large screen device but this project started for the iPhone and matured from there. My experience is designed around the iPhone and I really don’t see a feasible way to achieve this on such a small screen.

7) I was actually debating this and after your suggestion am sure I need this. Expect this soon!

8) I like this suggestion and will push this soon as well!

Thank you again for all the feedback!

Samer
    Keymaster

@matt wrote:

Great job to all involved in this project! I have set up a new OSPi and have one last issue with my setup that is causing the scheduled programs not to run. I can run each station manually or run the Run-Once Program without any problem, but the schedule doesn’t seem to be kicking off even though it shows correctly in the Program Preview. I’m not sure what I am missing.

I do not think the problem is related to my mobile front-end. My application does not run any schedules it just relays information between your mobile/desktop to the OpenSprinkler. If programs are not running you need to check the following things:

1) Is the device time correct?
    2) Is the program set to start/end at the correct time?
    3) Is a rain delay active?
    4) Is the interval greater than 0? If the interval is 0 no program will run. If you do not wish to use the interval feature set it to a very large value.
    5) If you are still having issues, check the device directly without using my frontend to help discover the problem.

Hope that helps!

matt
    Participant

1) Device time looks good.
    2) Start time looks good with an end time of two hours from now as a test
    3) Rain Delay is inactive
    4) See screenshot…
    5) For this test I bypassed your frontend and am still not getting the schedule to kick off

Samer
    Keymaster

@matt Since this issue is most likely not related to my web app I recommend you start a new post to get the best exposure. I did look through screenshot and everything looks fine. Not sure what is causing the issue. It is most likely related to the interval application on the OSPi. What version are you using?

Samer
    Keymaster

I just added one of @kenbob’s suggestions and I like this one! If a program is running a footer will appear on the bottom of the main page and show a green icon with the running program and current station along with the remaining time. I plan to expand more from this point but this is the first version. Let me know what you think, attached is a screenshot:

Update: The timer now automatically counts down!

matt
    Participant

I think you’re right – something with my interval application. The version is:

!/usr/bin/python
    “””Updated 22/06/2013.”””

Samer
    Keymaster

@matt I would still check all the times are correct. Check the Raspbian time, check the timezone is correct on the OSPi program, and make sure when testing your putting the time after the current time.

Update: Make sure manual mode is not on either.

Samer
    Keymaster

I just added a new feature! This one will automatically disable manual mode at midnight. The reason for this feature is because I forgot manual mode on while testing and missed a scheduled program. This feature is disabled by default and enabled through the settings menu. The watcher will switch manual mode off at midnight if it is still enabled to ensure programs continue running.

Please let me know if this has any problems and again it is disabled by default.

Update: This feature is not available on the hosted web app (http://rayshobby.net/apps/sprinklers/)

Zapp
    Participant

Is there any way to have Auto Rain Delay show up in the log?

Reason for asking is that I couldn’t find any indication in the log this morning that the scheduled program had run but later guessed that it must have been an auto rain delay that had kicked in but I couldn’t verify it.

I have my auto rain delay set for 12h since that fits my needs and the weather around here better.

/Jonas…

Samer
    Keymaster

@Zapp that should be fairly easy to add actually. I will play with this and hopefully get it pushed soon. The display will be similar to rain sensor logs and will not distinguish between automatic versus manual rain delay. It will just show you the start time and duration of each change between rain delay enabled/disabled, if that makes sense. I do not have an easy way to distinguish between which method of rain delay was triggered but at least you will know when your OpenSprinkler was in rain delay.

Zapp
    Participant

favicon.ico

[attachment=0:kgjr46or]favicon.zip[/attachment:kgjr46or]

/Jonas…

djagerif
    Participant

I like the green status bar led and was wondering how would multiple active stations be presented?

Samer
    Keymaster

@djagerif wrote:

I like the green status bar led and was wondering how would multiple active stations be presented?

Right now, it will only show the first zone it “sees” however I eventually plan on having it cycle through the active stations. I am still working out a lot of bugs with the status though and will add multiple station support after everything has been stabilized.

dman
    Participant

Actually now have some data in my log file and scrolling thorugh the entries – as a possible feature request I’m wondering if the log display might work better as a table inside a collapsible list?
    E.g:[attachment=0:2xbpgv5j]log1.PNG[/attachment:2xbpgv5j]

Samer
    Keymaster

I like this a lot! I will try and get this updated! Do you have working code I could use? Or was that visually done? Either way, I like it a lot and will hopefully get that integrated soon.

dman
    Participant

Yes – it’s from a real page. I have attached the code – its something I hacked using the original logging script and playing with jquery – you’re welcome to any of it you can use! The log page starts about line 90.
    (warning – I’m not a programmer – so apologies for any style gaffes!)

Samer
    Keymaster

@dman Just pushed those changes 😀 Thank you for the code! Saved me a lot of time working on the table. Let me know if you spot any issues. The only difference between your’s and mine is I managed to keep the count bubbles to show total runs in the header.

Also, I pushed a new icon and splash screens using the OpenSprinkler logo.

Samer
    Keymaster

@Zapp I added the favicon however I redid it using my original image because your’s had some artifacts. The stalk was uneven and the droplets of water were hard to visualize. However, mine sucks and needs improvement as well, I will work on it later.

maddox

@matt wrote:

I think you’re right – something with my interval application. The version is:

!/usr/bin/python
    “””Updated 22/06/2013.”””

@matt
    – I am having the very same problem…did you resolve?

UPDATE: I resolved this by upgrading to Dan’s latest interval program – 6/26/13. It was tricky to find, since it is NOT the tar file in the normal release directory – I found it here:

https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/opensprinkler/commit/350eadb76e8f5b96b59ad3cb275ea18a7859eee9

Samer
    Keymaster

@Zapp I added rain delay logging. I noticed some inaccuracies when using a old log file. I suggest wiping it if you have issues and starting with a fresh log. Let me know how this works.

Samer
    Keymaster

I am trying something new with the weather. Doing this because the logo in the header stacked above the weather was an eye sore, to me. I also liked when most of the menu was on one page on the iPhone. With that in mind I decided to float the weather next to the information menu (since it is also information). I like the output but I will leave it up to you guys!

kenbob

I like all the changes you have made so far. But I do admit that I like the weather at the top better. I think it has a cleaner look, but that is just me. Also I was thinking, what do you think about putting the currently running sprinkler on the same line as the “Current Status” bar? It might be better there then at the bottom and it would show the current status. I also like the countdown for the current sprinkler and the new OpenSprinkler Logo at the top, looks very good. Keep up the great work!

djagerif
    Participant

Either way for the weather icon looks fine. Having it at the top uses up valuable space though but I also prefer it at the top. Perhaps add it as a selectable option so the user can decide how the layout should look.

When at the top, perhaps add some more info like your normal Clock Widgets. See below

Ingo

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)