OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 559 total)
  • Author

Samer
    Keymaster

@Zapp multiple things are happening. First, on the graph view you have multiple zones that are being graphed and have no data (S03-S07). If you tap them on the legend you will see what I mean.

Also, the way the log data extraction works it attaches the end time to the data point but while the station is running it returns the start time.

I plan on fixing both of these issues by the way just explaining the current state.

virtus
    Participant

I haven’t kept up with the last 20 pages of updates, but it looks like there’s been a lot of great development and a lot of updates. Is there a way to add an update button to the app so we don’t have to SSH into the RPi every day? Great work, btw!

Zapp
    Participant

@virtus wrote:

I haven’t kept up with the last 20 pages of updates, but it looks like there’s been a lot of great development and a lot of updates. Is there a way to add an update button to the app so we don’t have to SSH into the RPi every day? Great work, btw!

Put something like this in the crontab and it will take care of the updates

0 * * * * cd /OpenSprinklerPi/webapp; git pull

/Jonas….

Samer
    Keymaster

@virtus For now @Zapp’s suggestion is the best, assuming you are using git. I have toyed with adding auto-updates but honestly I don’t exhaustively test my updates and sometimes do break things. I would hate to force broken updates on everyone and for now plan on keeping it manual.

Samer
    Keymaster

By the way @Zapp I pushed another update for the logging system just let me know if everything is still working for you, thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

Also, Ray did open a sub-forum for this app. Please do submit new issues there so we can have focused, threaded conversations rather than everything being in one thread.

Thank you!

virtus
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

@virtus For now @Zapp’s suggestion is the best, assuming you are using git. I have toyed with adding auto-updates but honestly I don’t exhaustively test my updates and sometimes do break things. I would hate to force broken updates on everyone and for now plan on keeping it manual.

Yeah, I haven’t updated it via crontab because I prefer to manually update in case there is a broken update. So maybe at some point it would be nice to see some sort of “about” page with the current version and an update button. Maybe even a link to the changelog. Then we could easily update only when we want. Anyway, your web app has really taken the OSPi to another level!

Zapp
    Participant

@virtus wrote:

@salbahra wrote:

Yeah, I haven’t updated it via crontab because I prefer to manually update in case there is a broken update. So maybe at some point it would be nice to see some sort of “about” page with the current version and an update button. Maybe even a link to the changelog. Then we could easily update only when we want. Anyway, your web app has really taken the OSPi to another level!

I have a feeling that the ‘About’ page with version and a link to changelog already is implemented. Click the icon top left on main page and then click ‘About’.

/Jonas…

Zapp
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

By the way @Zapp I pushed another update for the logging system just let me know if everything is still working for you, thanks!

Yes, it’s still working. For all I can see it’s still the same.

The SprinklerChanges.txt states that S01 started 02:00:01 (that would be GMT time and I have a timezone of +2) then S02-S05 started every 20 minutes after that.

10000000--2013-07-30 02:00:01--0--0
    01000000--2013-07-30 02:21:01--0--0
    00100000--2013-07-30 02:40:01--0--0
    00010000--2013-07-30 03:00:02--0--0
    00001000--2013-07-30 03:20:01--0--0
    00000000--2013-07-30 03:41:01--0--0

But if I read the graph correctly it says that S01 (the name is different) started at 03:35 isch and ran for about 20 minutes then S02 started and ran for 20 minutes after that there is a sort of a void until 04:50 something when S03 starts. Am I reading this the right way?

Right now I’m in Rain Delay and have not had any zones running since the last update.

/Jonas…

Samer
    Keymaster

@Zapp I think you are misinterpreting the graph. The grouping by hour is showing you how many minutes a station ran that started at a specific hour. In other words, the x-axis is hour 0-23 and each hour is how many minutes it ran after starting on that hour. Grouping by none shows you what you want I believe which is a function of time. Grouping by month is similar to hour but shows you how many minutes a station ran in that month. DOW is similar to both hour and month but its day of the week (Sun-Sat).

Hope that helps!

Samer
    Keymaster

@virtus @Zapp is absolutely correct. This functionality is already built in. Also, if you click the mobile version number it will send you to the change log but open the specific change indicated by that version number.

I will consider an update button but again right now my software isn’t perfect and remote updates could lead to problems.

djagerif
    Participant

Would it be possible to have a ToolTip when you hover over the zone bar? For 32+ zones the colours start to look too similar to identify easily.

Ingo

Samer
    Keymaster

That’s a good idea! I’ll see if that’s something I can do and post back here what I find.

Samer
    Keymaster

By the way @Zapp the hour sort only looks at the hour. So, after reading your post again I notice you said 3:35. This is not true, the graph only has the X value of 3, for example. So your zone 1 has the following data: 3,22 which is 3rd hour 22 minutes. I hope that explains it a little better.

Samer
    Keymaster

I just added the hover over tooltips @djagerif. Let me know how they work!

Update: Another update just fixed the issue where the hover over wouldn’t update unless the data point’s were far away. I also now use the legend color as the background color for the hover over.

Update 2: This feature works on iOS as well by tapping the bar or data point. Tap anywhere else to hide it.

Samer
    Keymaster

I have updated the run-once page to include a drop-down selection of all your programs. This also includes the last run program.

This is how it works:
    – It checks which stations you have enabled for that program
    – If the station is enabled then it sets the duration to the defined duration

[attachment=1:3tpq4alu]iOS Simulator Screen shot Jul 31, 2013 8.30.50 PM.png[/attachment:3tpq4alu]
    [attachment=0:3tpq4alu]iOS Simulator Screen shot Jul 31, 2013 8.30.50 PM.png[/attachment:3tpq4alu]

djagerif
    Participant

Hi Samer,

I will check the tooltips today and give feedback. One thing I noticed just by accident is that under preview my Master station is displayed with a too short interval. It runs fine but the display is not correct. it looks like 14 minutes. Dan did have an issue where the Master Offset in his Interval program is slightly different to the Micro version, perhaps you might need to do the same ‘fix’.

Ingo

Zapp
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

By the way @Zapp the hour sort only looks at the hour. So, after reading your post again I notice you said 3:35. This is not true, the graph only has the X value of 3, for example. So your zone 1 has the following data: 3,22 which is 3rd hour 22 minutes. I hope that explains it a little better.

Well that’s where it gets strange.

My log file says 02:00 as the starting time for the first zone, the graph holds on to 03 something and is, according to your text above, only supposed to care about the hour, which is fine but wrong since my timezone is +2 and all of the above is happening att 04:00 local time!

/Jonas…

Skickat från min Nexus 7

Samer
    Keymaster

@djagerif Okay I will check it out!

@Zapp
    Okay, that is weird. The time in the log is supposed to be UTC. The time zone is then subtracted out. I will check tonight if this is being done correctly. Just to be sure, is the time showing up correctly in table view? That has been untouched for a while now so hopefully it is just the graph that is wrong.

Thanks!

Update: I just checked and I am using the exact same timestamp for graph and table view. I am adding the timezone into the timestamp so I believe everything should work correctly.

Update 2: @Zapp from what I can see the graph on your screenshot shows 4 not 3. I know it is on the left side of the 4 but that is because there are empty bars for each hour for the zones not hidden. Unhide everything but the 4 o’clock zones and you will see what I mean. This isn’t something I can fix just how flot works with a limited screen width.

Update 3: This is the reason I choose “None” as the default sort. I think the Hour, DOW and Month are useful sorting methods however can be a little confusing at first.

Samer
    Keymaster

@djagerif I found the bug in the program preview and fixed it. Thank you for telling me about Dan’s fix, it happened to be the exact same fix.

Speaking of bug fixes I also fixed the unicode issue to support Dan’s changes. I also fixed the bug in my code with commas in station names. This fix does require PHP >= 5.3.0. Hopefully, this doesn’t become an issue but if it is please let me know and I can write an alternative.

momanz
    Blocked

@salbahra wrote:

Speaking of bug fixes I also fixed the unicode issue to support Dan’s changes. I also fixed the bug in my code with commas in station names. This fix does require PHP >= 5.3.0. Hopefully, this doesn’t become an issue but if it is please let me know and I can write an alternative.

salbahra,

The most recent version of PHP in Optware is 5.2.17… After upgrading to the newer version of the app it seems to hang on a number of actions as I navigate through the menus. The developer console reports “HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.” Are willing to maintain compatibility with earlier versions of php?

-momanz

Samer
    Keymaster

Absolutely and I will push a fix today, hopefully soon.

Update: @momanz Please let me know if the new push fixes your problem. I added an alternative function that get’s used if your PHP does not have str_getcsv().

momanz
    Blocked

Thanks for the update, but the fix didn’t quite work. Here’s what the server log has to say.

2013-08-03 06:46:10: (mod_fastcgi.c.2676) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function str_getcsv() in /opt/share/www/sprinklers/main.php on line 168

I’m running version b03d3d3.

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay, I think I fixed the problem now. Please let me know, thanks!

Update: I pushed another update that revised the fallback to be a bit more efficient. Hopefully still works well.

momanz
    Blocked

Thanks! Looks like things are working again. I’ll do more in depth testing later today and let you know if anything comes up.

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)