OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 559 total)
  • Author

wyone
    Participant

OK.. so the reason I was not able to log in properly was because my IP address was not what comes up when I do a what is my IP search. Not sure why. I did a port forwarding tester program and it showed a different IP. MUCH different.

Regardless… I am ONLINE!! This is VERY cool. I have tried it from several computers in the home and also from my Android phone and all seem to work perfectly!

I am still going to work on getting the linux box set up and working that way, but until then, this is AWESOME!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! This is the system.. hardware and software.. that I have been seeking for a long time!

You guys are all AWESOME!!

Samer
    Keymaster

@wyone That is very exciting to hear! I am glad it worked out!!!

momanz
    Blocked

Nice work with this webapp. I really appreciate you taking the time to continue updating and sharing your work.

I do have a couple of feature requests…

1) Would it be possible to add logging of the rain sensor status? I think it could integrate nicely with how you have things formatted in the “View Logs” page. You would basically have a heading for Rain Sensor in addition to the existing zones. Data reporting would be the same, i.e. lines for each date, time and duration the Rain Sensor is triggered.

2) How about incorporating long term logging and the addition of a statistics page? What I’m thinking is something like having each zone listed and how long it has run over a given period of time say Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly statistics. This probably isn’t as useful for users who haven’t integrated a rain sensor, but now that I have one 🙂 I want to know the cumulative run time of each zone in my system. Would anyone else find this feature useful?

Cheers,

-m

kenbob

Hi salbahra,

Thank you for making a great app that is an awesome add-on for mobile devices. I have enjoyed using it with both my Opensprinkler V1.2 and my Raspberry Pi with the Interval Program.

I downloaded the latest version and I have noticed that the jquery mobile is pointing to the older version 1.3.0 in the index.php file. After making the changes and changing it to css/jquery.mobile-1.3.1.min.css and js/jquery.mobile-1.3.1.min.js it works fine. You also have to add in the sprinklers folder for it to save the configuration.

I also noticed on the Raspberry Pi with the Interval Program that the Program Preview does not shows the sprinkler sequentially.

Front Left 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes
    Front Right 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes
    Front Street 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes
    Back House 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes
    Back Center 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes
    Back Fence 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes
    Patio 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes
    Shrubs 12:00:00->12:08:00 P1 8minutes

I hope this has been helpful, please keep up the great work.

Ken

Samer
    Keymaster

@momanz in regards to your first bullet, I don’t think I can poll the OpenSprinkler for rain sensor information directly. I could be wrong though and will look into it.

For the second point I will see what I can do however I would really want to make a more robust logging system before trying something like this. Right now the logging system is based on David’s code posted on Ray’s Github. It works great for what we have now but runs a lot of loops to process the data and doing long term analysis might be difficult. I would have to restructure it completely and honestly I think with Dan’s work on the Raspberry Pi interval program combined with the increased memory allotted on the OpenSprinkler 2.0 I might hold off to see if the OS might help in that transition.

@kenbob
    I am surprised the upgrade did not go smoothly. I just checked the files I posted on Github and the index.php does in fact point to the 1.3.1 jQuery files. Sorry about that. How did you upgrade? Did you use the Github command to pull the update? Just want to try and prevent these kinds of things in the future.

Also, in regards to the sequential mode on the preview, technically the interval program does not contain a sequential option. As a result, the web app assumes its unchecked and processes the program data as such. It turns out on the interval program the lack of that option just means thats the only method of execution. I have debated patching my code to reflect that but the problem arises if someone just has that option unchecked. I could check for the lack of it as well but I am really hoping the interval program gets updated soon to include that option. I have been working closely with Dan to get the interval program as close as possible to 1.8.3/2.0.0 and have come a long way! I am hoping for a fix on that end soon, will keep everyone updated as soon as I know anything.

kenbob

That was weird. I downloaded it from https://github.com/salbahra/OpenSprinkler-Controller. I refreshed and downloaded it again and it is fine. Must have been some weird caching glitch on my system. I download it and move it to the Pi via FileZilla. Thanks for your help.

cmwahlqu
    Participant

I have a the interval program running on the Raspberry Pi and I now installed the web app to natively on the Raspberry Pi as well. I followed your instructions to installing it, but when I bring up the sprinklers page I see the install screen, but no graphics like I see in the screen shots, just a white background with the layout all messed up. when I try to fill out the config and hit submit it does absolutely nothing. Any idea where I could have gone wrong?

Thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

@cmwahlqu Sorry about that! I made a mistake upgrading to jQuery 1.3.1 and forgot to upgrade the installer to match! I just pushed a fix. Try the new files and let me know if that fixes the problem.

Thanks!

Edit: @kenbob that might have been the problem you experienced as well! Glad it’s working now though!

cmwahlqu
    Participant

That worked…Thanks for the quick turn around!

Samer
    Keymaster

@cmwahlqu No problem, can’t believe I keep missing these things haha! Happy that it’s working!

cmwahlqu
    Participant

Found another little bug….works great when I login on my PC, but when I try to login on my iPhone, tried chrome and safari browsers, i type in my user name and password and hit submit to login. It just comes right back to the login screen.

Samer
    Keymaster

@cmwahlqu Any error message? If the login fails usually say’s unable to login. Or is it redirecting right after? I am pretty sure I disabled all auto-correction on the login form however that might be the difference between the desktop and mobile. The iPhone likes to auto-capitalize things and the login is case-sensitive. I will scan through the code and attempt to find the problem in the meantime.

cmwahlqu
    Participant

I tried logging in with an incorrect password and it brings up an error message right away. I made sure about the caps and still nothing. It just sitts there and spins with the little circle icon like it is working but does not redirect to app, just sits at the login screen spinning no matter how long i wait.

Samer
    Keymaster

@cmwahlqu I have been testing it on different devices via emulator and had no problem. Also, tested it on my iPhone with no problem. However, based on the symptoms you described I think the pageinit event is not firing after the page is loaded. As an attempted fix, I moved the javascript after the page content in sprinklers.php. I have pushed this update, try it and let me know if it helps.

cmwahlqu
    Participant

I tried in the iphone emulator for iOS 7 and it did not work but did work for iOS 6. I tried on my iPad running iOS 6 and it worked. I tried on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 Beta and it does not work. Strange, not sure if it is a setting or how the new version of safari is processing it.

Samer
    Keymaster

Oh, iOS 7 is unsupported at best. It is in beta and I wouldn’t rely on it for actual use at this point. I know jQuery mobile is not marked as supported for iOS 7 yet. Until then it is hard for me to offer any advice or support. I will do some research but at this point I do not think I will be able to pinpoint the problem especially since I do not have access to iOS 7.

cmwahlqu
    Participant

Yeah no biggie, I wouldn’t spend any time trying to debug something that you don’t have all the source to and is in beta. No worries, as the beta versions of iOS 7 progress I will keep testing and see if it resolves it self and let you know.

Samer
    Keymaster

@cmwahlqu Perfect, thank you!

Edit: This is documented on the forums and is being worked on: https://forum.jquery.com/topic/changepage-in-ios-7-appears-to-be-broken

momanz
    Blocked

@salbahra wrote:

@momanz in regards to your first bullet, I don’t think I can poll the OpenSprinkler for rain sensor information directly. I could be wrong though and will look into it.

For the second point I will see what I can do however I would really want to make a more robust logging system before trying something like this. Right now the logging system is based on David’s code posted on Ray’s Github. It works great for what we have now but runs a lot of loops to process the data and doing long term analysis might be difficult. I would have to restructure it completely and honestly I think with Dan’s work on the Raspberry Pi interval program combined with the increased memory allotted on the OpenSprinkler 2.0 I might hold off to see if the OS might help in that transition.

I took a closer look at the code this morning and while I have no skill with programming I think I could follow enough to see the problem. As far as I can tell we only have access to the rain sensor status when querying the complete device settings and the way the current logger works it only monitors each station through the “sn” command. Thanks for looking at this and I certainly can understand the desire to wait and see what the new OS will bring. I only hope some of the new features will extend to the current hardware version.

Thanks again,

-m

Samer
    Keymaster

@momanz You are absolutely correct! I will be honest, I do not have a rain sensor nor did I know how they worked. I read through a lot of the forums and the sensor seems to be a hot topic! So basically, you want the rain sensor to show up as a “zone” in the list and show when it was switched on/off and the timestamp as well? I think I can code that up the only problem with the current system is the sn0 data is put into a file next to the time. The script then cycles through the text file and splits the sn0 data and uses the array index to correspond to the station names array. I could add another field after the timestamp displaying the rain sensor state and subsequently when cycling through display the data. I will play with this however without a rain sensor and a good way to test it, I expect it to take some time.

momanz
    Blocked

As far as I can tell, the rain sensor is basically a simple switch with felt or foam attached to it. When the felt/foam gets wet the switch is activated. Depending on how your system is configured the switch can be set to be normally open or normally closed. Both wired and wireless units are available and can be had for as little as $15 (wired) or $50 wireless. I have a $15 wired unit and it seems to work well enough. I imagine that you can simulate rain sensor operation simply by shorting the the Rain Sense pins on the OpenSprinkler board. Please verify this last statement as I would hate for you to damage your board if I’m wrong.

On the topic of logging, while I would love to see rain sensor data logged, I can now see the limitations of the current logging system and I wonder if time would be better spent looking at creating more flexible logging system. I believe all machines running a web server (including my router) will be capable of using some kind of database package and perhaps taking the output of the OS device settings command and dumping that into a line in a database file could be the answer. If done correctly I imagine gathering statistics and even generating graphs would be pretty straight forward as that’s a fairly common use of databases. I think how you choose to move on logging and rain sensor data really depends on what your vision is for your webapp. It’s easy for me to come up with ideas unfortunately I can’t offer much coding support.

Cheers,
    -m

Samer
    Keymaster

@momanz I just pushed an update that I believe adds what you are looking for. I patched watcher.php to log rain sensor changes (0/1) to the log file. I updated main.php to show the changes below all the stations as Rain Sensor and shows the duration between changes similar to run times for a station. The header displays the total switches from on/off. Please let me know if this works and more importantly if this is what you were after.

I do not think this change will effect current logs however it might. If anyone has issues please let me know.

Edit: I pushed some minor updates to fix undefined offsets and to also make sure “Use Rain Sensor” is enabled before attempting to display any rain sensor log changes. So be sure you have that option enabled if you intend to view changes (which I think is a requirement anyways for the OS to update the rain sensor status).

Preview (ignore dates/times I made them up to test):

Samer
    Keymaster

@kenbob I pushed an update for the RPi interval program to address the sequential mode (rather the lack of it). It will now properly preview programs.

Enjoy!

momanz
    Blocked

Very close on the rain sensor logging. The format was pretty much what I was thinking. The time stamps logged are wrong though. It looks like the day and possibly the time are derived from my first log entry 5 days ago. Could mixing an old log file with this new feature be the problem? I haven’t checked yet to see if the normal station logging has been impacted, I’ll do that later this evening.

Thanks for the speedy response!

-m

Samer
    Keymaster

@momanz It is very likely the old log entries aren’t mixing well and causing the discrepancy your seeing. I only considered preventing errors with the new code and old log files but didn’t spend much time engineering it to properly display rain sensor data with the mixed log format. I will look into a way to make it work in the mixed environment but unfortunately it might become necessary to “reset” your log data.

Let me know if you have any luck by starting the log over or wait for me to find a way to salvage the logs and get back with you (hopefully).

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)