OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App OpenSprinkler connected to network, but web can’t find it

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jillelaine01
    Participant

I have a large site with 30 zones and 2 OpenSprinkler controllers. The ‘main’ controller, ‘Garage’ (App Version: 2.3.1, Firmware: 2.1.9(11), Hardware Version: 3.2-AC), is wired ethernet. The ‘remote’ controller, ‘Shop’ (App Version: 2.3.1, Firmware: 2.1.9(9), Hardware Version: 3.0-AC), is wireless. Both controllers have been communicating and working well for several weeks. Today, I noticed that the watering programs had not run as scheduled. When I tried to open the main ‘Garage’ controller, Firefox could not find the IP address, and the webapp, running on an old iPhone, opened, but could not connect to ‘Garage’: there was an error at the bottom about 0 network current – I do not remember the exact error. Yet, my network tools (router, admin interface) showed ‘Garage’ as online. Meanwhile, I could connect directly to the remote controller, ‘Shop’, with both Firefox and the webapp on the iPhone.

The controller, ‘Garage’, display looked fine. Power and network cables all looked good. I finally pulled the power connection out and rebooted the controller. It then came up normally, and was back online.

When I looked at the logs for ‘Garage’, it indicated that the watering program had run (5 zones, all are REMOTE zones on the ‘Shop’ controller), but the Flow was 0 L. In the past, this program used 55 L, so it seems ‘Garage’ did run the program, but perhaps was unable to communicate with ‘Shop’, so ‘Garage’ logged the program as ‘run’, but with no water.

But why did I have to reboot ‘Garage’ to be able to communicate with it? If there was a communication problem between ‘Garage’ and ‘Shop’, it shouldn’t have caused ‘Garage’ to be unavailable via the web interfaces. It was like the ‘Garage’ network interface was hung or had crashed. Any ideas?

jillelaine01
    Participant

I think the network ‘lockup’ issue is similar to the issues mentioned in this long thread. https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/controller-lockups-crashes/ The controller seemed to be running normally: the time was correct, and, once I rebooted it, it was running and logging the one program I had enabled.

However, since ALL of the stations in this one program are remote, and since the issue seems to be with the network on my wired controller, my master controller did not actually communicate with the remote controller. So, although the stations were logged as if they ran, I could see that NO water was actually used, since I have a flow meter set up.

I will report back if the wired controller hangs again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App OpenSprinkler connected to network, but web can’t find it