OpenSprinkler Forums Third-Party Software weewx-opensprinkler: Local weather control for OpenSprinkler

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stibbons 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

stibbons
    Participant

I have a weather station in my yard, using weeWX to run a website on my LAN with current and historical weather data. Rather than having OpenSprinkler rely on an active internet connection for weather adjustments, I wanted to be able to get the required data from the local weeWX install. So after reading through the code that drives the OpenSprinkler-Weather service, I’m attempting to provide the same information in a weeWX skin.

The project is still in a pretty rough state. Not all information is available (most importantly, weeWX does not support any timezone operations), and setting adjustment options and sensitivity in the OpenSprinkler UI is currently ignored. But it does seem to be working so far.

If you have a weeWX based weather station, and are interested in trying it out, the skin is available from https://bitbucket.org/pjhardy/weewx-opensprinkler

calanish
    Participant

Oh neat 🙂

Thanks for this. I will have a play with it later this week.

stibbons
    Participant

Cool, would be interested to see how it compares to OpenSprinkler-Weather adjustments in other areas. 🙂

I’ve uploaded a new version that lets you set Zimmerman Method base parameters and sensitivity in the skin.conf. That’s the best compromise I have for allowing customisation without generating fully dynamic pages (which I may still do, if I can remember how CGI works).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Third-Party Software weewx-opensprinkler: Local weather control for OpenSprinkler