OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Android, Blackberry, iOS, and Windows Phone 8 Apps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author

wyone
    Participant

as usual you are VERY helpful. I was able to reset the EEPROM to factory and it let me redo the program and it all works fine locally. I set it up on my Samsung 4 as well. I did the port forwarding on my Comcast router and it appears to be right, but I have not figured out why it will not work. It appears to be right. I was kind of shocked about the IP address that Comcast uses. I was expecting 192.168.0.* to access my network, but it is 10.0.0.1 Either I have not set it up right or maybe my antivirus is blocking it from working. I also can use your program on my Samsung phone, but it must be working on the local wifi, because it stops working when I leave the house. Not sure what I did wrong, but for now at least I was able to get my phone to work so I could get my phone working and use it to the system while in the yard and not have to keep running back to the original controller

Samer
    Keymaster

Both IP’s you listed off are local segments and are not routable over the Internet. An easy way to discover your IP is by visiting http://wimi.com while on your WiFi. This is the IP the mobile app wants. Inside the mobile app, you can navigate to the manage sites page and change the IP from the local one to the outside IP.

Glad everything is working again for you though and hopefully we can get the final step going.

Another thing, your Comcast modem is probably acting as a router. If this is the case and you have another router plugged into the modem you might have a double NAT. This is important since you will have to open ports on both your router and the Comcast modem. This is just one possibility to exclude.

wyone
    Participant

EXACTLY why I keep posting to this forum. I read your response, clicked on the link, used that IP address.. and EVERYTHING Is working PERFECTLY now. Thanks for your help! I forgot how great this program works!

wyone
    Participant

and in case I did not say it enough.. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! for all your help and also for the great program!

Samer
    Keymaster

No problem, glad it was an easy fix!

wyone
    Participant

Have to tell you.. I had a few sprinkler heads that were damaged by the guy that did aerating. I was out fixing them, in multiple zones, and of course since your program works well it was a simple matter to turn on a zone for a short time to test if there were any other issues. I was able to fix all the zones in probably 50% of the time it would take to keep walking back and forth to the controller. Plus I was not soaking wet as I could simply shut the zones off. It was awesome. My neighbor across the street was watching and came over to see how I was turning on the zones. I explained how it worked to him and he loved it. I gave him all the information on where to buy, how to setup, so you might have a new customer, without advertising. 🙂 🙂

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing! That scenario is exactly why I made the mobile app from the beginning. Enjoy!

pierantonio
    Participant

Hi salbahra, thanks for your fantastic mobile app Sprinklers!! it’s gorgeous!! 😀
    I don’t know a thing, when i connect to my ip using dyndns.org i can’t connect with secure method nginx explained by nayr, i select auth and ssl button in the app but i can’t.

Whats wrong? i use this syntax: user:[email protected]:port
    is it correct?
    if i use the normal method without nginx and using normal http it works perfectly.
    thanks again
    bye

Samer
    Keymaster

If you check auth, it should ask you for the credentials after you push submit. I never made this clear and realize this now. Let me try to make this process a little more clear.

In the meantime, the IP is just the IP and port, if needed.

pierantonio
    Participant

hy salbahra, don’t worry. 😉
    I tried with auth and i entered my credentials but does not work.
    I have selected also SSL, i don’t know…
    later i try to disengage the firehol firewall into mi Ospi, we’ll see..

thanks again byee

Samer
    Keymaster

I have to admit I am using Apache2 for my proxy (using SSL and Basic authorization). I will setup nginx as @nayr has described in the wiki and attempt some tests. I will let you know what I find.

Thanks!

pierantonio
    Participant

Thank U very much salbahra!
    i look forward 😉

byeeee

Pierantonio

pierantonio
    Participant

sorry, can you explain me how should i do to setup ssl with Apache2 like yours? sorry but i’m a newbie in linux..
    if u can, thanks again salbahra!

byee

Samer
    Keymaster

@pierantonio I just got word from @nayr that my app does in fact work with his guide on the wiki. So let’s assume the app works and try to figure out what’s going wrong with your setup.
    Are you getting a specific error when you try to connect with auth and SSL?
    Are you able to connect without the app (a desktop browser)?

pierantonio
    Participant

Hello salbahra!
    Yes from my desktop browser i can connect and the browser present me a popup for insert the user and the password.
    I followed the @nayr wiki, i have created 2 certs ssl, i don’t use the ssl tls client.
    I definitely something wrong, but i don’t know.
    I have tried with my Iphone ios7 and Lumia WP8 of my wife 😉
    In my firewall i have the port 443 open, is it correct or wrong?
    for connection with the app have tried user:pass.dyndns.org:443 and also only dyndns.org:443…

thanks again for the help 🙂

Samer
    Keymaster

Is this a self-signed cert or a startssl certificate? I am wondering if SSL error’s are preventing the app from working.

jgmj
    Participant

i was delighted to find your app! when you get further with the data logging i would find that quite useful as i travel frequently. this will let me know what
    happened while i was gone.

Samer
    Keymaster

This is something that’s being worked on and hopefully will be available soon.

Glad everything is working!

pierantonio
    Participant

@salbahra, yes i use a self signed SSL certificate because i don’t understand how to use startssl 😀

thanks again 😉

Pierantonio

Samer
    Keymaster

If it is in fact the self-signed certificate that’s causing the problem you can try installing it on your iPhone.

Also, you might want to try startssl once more. Although it has a confusing UI it isn’t too bad once you get started.

Zapp
    Participant

Hi!

Long time no see…

From Google play I read…
    NEWS
    Added logging page for firmware 2.0.6+ and OSPi 1.9.0 (May 30, 2014 or newer)
    Added French translation
    Update language translations

I must be blind so could someone please give me a pointer to OSPi 1.9.0 cause I can’t find it in the forum.

One more:
    In the new app everything is smooth and fine but I just hate that when I press back on my Android device I get to see the setup/connect sceen again. Can we please loose that page somehow?

/Jonas…

Samer
    Keymaster

Welcome back. The 1.9.0 is actually a separate branch of the OSPi software. The branch is named “JM_UI”.

If you need further assistance let me know.

Zapp
    Participant

Ok, thanks, found it.

A bit of work in progress is it?

Like the layout, yes. Will wait for all bugs to be ironed out before I switch, yes.

I do have to say I like the new app (Android) way better than the webapp, fact.

See you and keep up with the deliveries, your contribution is very much appreciated.

Greetings from the not so cold (at the moment) Sweden.

/Jonas…

Samer
    Keymaster

Also, I’ll see about losing the start page in the navigation history. (sorry missed that the first time through)

rjalex
    Participant

Thank you very much for the iPhone app !!!

Just got my OpenSprinkler and am understanding how to use it and have just configured your app which seems to work very well !

One question though: does the app choose a language automatically ? Even though I live in Italy I do like all of my software to be in English but the your app gives me all menus in Italian and I could not find an option to choose otherwise.

Take care !

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Android, Blackberry, iOS, and Windows Phone 8 Apps