OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Android, Blackberry, iOS, and Windows Phone 8 Apps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Ramias
    Participant

I am unable to place the sprinkler into Manual mode with the Sprinklers app for Windows Phone. Is anybody else seeing this?

Samer
    Keymaster

@rjalex Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, must have missed your post. Yes, the app auto detects the device language and uses that, if possible. The language can permanently be changed in the settings menu (top right icon) under the mobile application settings, labeled language.

@Ramias
    I am not aware of this issue however I will look into it. Any specific error? Does the toggle jump back to off? Thanks.

Update: I think Windows Phone is caching the AJAX replies (no idea why any browser would cache AJAX). This is something Android 2.3 did however the same fix doesn’t apply to Windows Phone. I will try a few solutions and once one sticks I will push out a fix. Thanks for the report!

Update 2: I believe I found the solution and will be posting the fix soon.

rjalex
    Participant

Hello Samer,
    I’ve writen this also on another thread but maybe you will not see it.

On my iPhone 4S with iOS 7.1.2 and an OpenSprinkler 2.1 hardware with firmware 2.0.7 I have version 1.1.1 of your client installed and the app store does not find a newer version (I connect to the app store here in Italy and don’t know if this is relevant).

Is there any “trick” to get your 1.2.1 version ? I cannot access the logs with my version (I have a 2GB microSD FAT16 working in OpenSprinkler).

Thank you very much.

Samer
    Keymaster

For iOS, Apple is still reviewing the app and hopefully should be released soon.

Also, the SD card might have accumulated corrupt data while on 2.0.6. Please clear out all log files and try again.

rjalex
    Participant

Thank you very much !

Ramias
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

@Ramias
    I am not aware of this issue however I will look into it. Any specific error? Does the toggle jump back to off? Thanks.

Update: I think Windows Phone is caching the AJAX replies (no idea why any browser would cache AJAX). This is something Android 2.3 did however the same fix doesn’t apply to Windows Phone. I will try a few solutions and once one sticks I will push out a fix. Thanks for the report!

Update 2: I believe I found the solution and will be posting the fix soon.

Nice.

Thanks

That is what I call prompt! Standing by for an update from the app store.

Thank you for the work you do on this.

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you!

The update has already been approved by Microsoft and should be available within a few hours. The version is numbered 1.1.3.

Ramias
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

Thank you!

The update has already been approved by Microsoft and should be available within a few hours. The version is numbered 1.1.3.

And I can confirm this now works.

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Samer
    Keymaster

By the way, I have started playing with packaging methods for the desktop. This will support all Windows, Mac and Linux users.

My goal is to eventually release these to the app stores for OS X, Windows and Ubuntu.

If anyone has any experience with other methods of packaging HTML based apps for desktop use I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

rjalex
    Participant

Unless I’m missing where, cannot see anywhere that says if the rain sensor is triggered or not (like in the web page “Rainsense: no rain or detected”). Would it be possible to add it perhaps in the same valve status page ? This would be convenient since if I go on the status and see the valve I expected to be open is in fact closed, I could could see at a glance it was because of the rain sensor being triggered.

Thank you very much.

Samer
    Keymaster

I just finished adding a line under the system time in the status page for rain delay and rain status. These are only shown if active. In other words, if rain sensor isn’t detected than nothing is shown.

rjalex
    Participant

Thanks Samer,
    so I should see it in a next release, right ? (I do have an active rain sensor working its magic on the valves 🙂 )
    Take care.

Samer
    Keymaster

Yes, however I am still working on some other things for the upcoming release so it might be a few days before the update is pushed out.

Thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

As mentioned earlier, the app is now available for Desktop environment. For now, this was accomplished using Google Chrome packaged applications. The app is available from the Google Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sprinklers/iegciplggbmhpihoeamfpjdedihblhhp

This should work on all browsers that Chrome is supported on. Please let me know how the app works and any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

rjalex
    Participant

Hi,
    does your app have a shorter timeout than the Mac broswer ? This evening I am able to connect to OpenSprinkler with Safari (it responds after a couple of seconds though) but your app with the same IP address times out 🙁
    Take care

Samer
    Keymaster

Possibly however the mobile app makes multiple requests on initial load (5 to be specific) and therefore carries a higher failure rate over a spotty connection.

Also, don’t forget your laptop has more power and a stronger wifi connection (or wired) as compared to the mobile device. Basically, any choke point will be worse on the mobile device.

With all that said, I might employ a retry for a single failed attempt rather than error out. I’ll look into this in the future.

Thanks.

Samer
    Keymaster

Another announcement: Sprinklers is now available on Firefox OS via the Marketplace. The app can be found here: https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/sprinklers/

This release also supports Firefox browser on the desktop, similar to Chrome.

rjalex
    Participant

Thank you so much for all of your great work ! Could your app work also in Safari on a Mac ?

Re the mobile app timeout,please disregard it was entirely my fault. I did not see my iphone wifi was OFF and was trying to access a private IP via 3G which of course did not work. Sorry !!!

Take care

Samer
    Keymaster

I just finished adding a retry implementation to the mobile app to make it much more resilient in poor network environments. Testing it against an environment with 30% packet drop and 1000ms delay on the downlink used to have almost a 0% success rate and now almost always succeeds.

I should have this update out soon (along with a bunch of other fixes). Just need to do some final testing.

Thanks!

rjalex
    Participant

Thanks so much for your great work !!!

Samer
    Keymaster

@rjalex thanks!

By the way, I really want to thank all the user’s providing language localization! You all have been very reliable and I am sure other user’s appreciate it as well. Some facts: we have 9 total languages most of which are 100% up to date. The project has a total of 259 strings composed of a total of 842 words. The project currently has 11 translators contributing to localization.

rjalex
    Participant

Well if you need additional help with Italian just let me know ! I’ll be happy to give some help.

Samer
    Keymaster

Sure, for anyone interested, the translations are done here: http://www.getlocalization.com/Sprinklers/

Thanks!

jgrylls
    Participant

Excellent, I look forward to it

Samer
    Keymaster

For android users the 1.1.4 update introduced a hardware back button error when exiting the app (final back button). I’ve identified the bug and will have a fix pushed out soon.

Thanks

Update: A new version has been pushed to address the Android and Windows Phone issues. They should be available within a few hours.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Android, Blackberry, iOS, and Windows Phone 8 Apps