OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 559 total)
  • Author

Samer
    Keymaster

This probably arises because the wording was designed for the OpenSprinkler and not the Pi version, intially. The robust Pi support happened afterward. It would be great if we could package the app with the interval program however the development of both of these applications is happening so rapidly it’s hard to produce a package that wouldn’t be outdated within a day. I think this is on the long term goal list just too early right now.

Also, auto updates for either are too early as major changes keep occurring.

PabloS
    Participant

Do you have a running list of suggestions that users are feeding you? It is hard to read all 33/34 screens to search if anyone has suggesting something…

My suggestion/request is for the run-once function. Is there a way, when running a zone, that the master zone also be enabled? Otherwise, the run-once feature does not work for me.

The manual mode allows me to turn on more than one zone. Thus, I can turn on the master zone and the zone I want to water. But, it’s manual…

I do really like the Web App and the interval program working together or independently. It is amazing what these programs can do on such a small computer! Do keep up the great work! 😀

djagerif
    Participant

I second that.

Perhaps have Ray make a ‘sticky’ (maybe read-only as well) post with the list of requested additions and also include differences between OS, OSPi and ‘hosted’ webapp features. You might even do it currently with the first post of the WebApp but no one really reads page one of a 33 page thread.

As these get updated we will always have one place to look at for the latest information. Bugs and new requests go into the existing, or new discussions and will end up in the sticky post when added.

slobrewer

Rather than a sticky, I recommend using GitHub’s built in functionality for tracking bugs and feature requests: https://github.com/salbahra/OpenSprinkler-Controller/issues.

Samer
    Keymaster

I like @slobrewer’s idea of using Github more. Also, since this is my thread I actually know where everything is and almost everything we’ve discussed so I am fairly certain I have heard and noted everyone’s requests. In the past, these were added/changed same day. It is recently that this stopped happening hence why I listed what I am wanting to work on. If you have issues please do fill out a form on Github.

I do think it would be nice if Ray added a mobile app forum section could help separate out specific questions and also make it easier to find answers down the road.

@PabloS
    In regards to the run-once program. That would have to be solved by the firmware or interval program. I could technically do it using the server but I think in the end it would work better if the firmware handled that.

PabloS
    Participant

No problem. I understand the need for commonality. The Github idea sounds best.

A side note, my neighbor now wants an OSPi and your software. This system and software has huge potential! My neighbor also asked me to demo this at the HOA meeting coming up soon. I might do so. I really dislike public speaking…

Samer
    Keymaster

That’s fantastic! Glad the device and my software are catching on! When paired together I think they beat every other solution in terms of price and features.

quest101

Hi all, Just bought the open sprinkler DIY kit and am wondering if the is and extra/special hardware that I need to purchase to apply this app? New to the sight so don’t beat me up too bad for missing something obvious.

Thanks

Samer
    Keymaster

Nothing is required just depends on how you want to set it up.

If you want to install the app and run it from a home computer follow the instructions on the Github page.

If you just want to start using the app and don’t have a server to run the app you can use the hosted version on Ray’s website available here: http://rayshobby.net/apps/sprinklers/. The only thing to keep in mind with this option is you need to forward the port used to the outside. Just Google port forwarding if your unfamiliar with this terminology. The OpenSprinkler natively uses port 80 but your welcome to change it.

If you need further help from here feel free to ask!

Samer
    Keymaster

By the way I just want to thank Dan for building an awesome program for the Pi users! It’s the only reason my app works on the OSPi devices. Major strides have been made in mirroring the feature set and API calls between the two allowing the same code for my web app to work for both.

Fantastic stuff!

By the way, I have one request: As you are installing the app if you run into issues you can solve, please update the wiki with your solution or editing the problem step to prevent the problem to begin with. Nothing fancy just a small blurb would prob help the next user. The wiki is available here: http://rayshobby.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Thanks!

momanz
    Blocked

Hi Samer,

I’m just getting back from vacation and I have to say, I like all the changes. I was using and updating the app remotely as you were pushing code revs, gotta love the interwebs.

One thing I noticed is that after a while the weather box seems to just disappear from the main page. Sometimes it happens when I’m moving between pages, and just moments ago caught the section containing the weather information very elegantly slide off the screen while the “Information” group expanded in size to fill up the space. Is this normal / expected behavior? Once the weather disappears it seems the only way to bring it back is to restart the app.

Another issue I saw occurs when I have a zone running and am watching the time remaining in the green dropdown. If I set down my phone and the phone display turns off (phone goes to sleep) and I return to the app after the sprinkler turns off, the countdown timer continues counting from what appears to be the time when the phone went to sleep. Seems like there may be a bit of missing code to check station status when waking from sleep and the green dropdown is present.

I also have a couple of more feature requests for consideration. Is the preference to put those on Git Hub or do we want to continue to discuss here for increased visibility? I like the idea of having a mobile app forum.

-m

Samer
    Keymaster

I have noticed the weather issues and trying to figure out what in the world is causing them as we speak! Glad it’s not just me. Sometimes hard to reproduce others instantly.

The timer issue I have also noticed but not sure how to resolve yet. Javascript doesn’t fire an event when waking from sleep so I have no reliable way to know when we drifted. I can use an interval instead and compare actual date. I will try this see how it works.

I like the forum for discussion of new ideas (100% agree) but I think to keep track of things, since development time has decreased, we can use Github. The other plus to Github is if people get familiar with it indirectly they can down the road push updates upstream and allow quick code modification/upgrades.

dman
    Participant

Not very familiar with GitHub but will give it a go. I crated an account and I’ve added an issue regarding saving the run-once parameters – I don’t know how to add a label yet…. Is this how we should procede for feature requests/bugs etc?

andrew
    Participant

I’m seeing some odd behavior with the preview window. It may actually be a problem with the underlying OS interval program, but I thought I’d post it to this thread first. It may just end up being my own misunderstanding as to how the program settings are interpreted.

In the following screenshots, I have my program configuration.
    [attachment=0:3fivn8qt]IMG_1270.PNG[/attachment:3fivn8qt] [attachment=2:3fivn8qt]IMG_1271.PNG[/attachment:3fivn8qt]

Basically, I have a program that should run once through stations 1,2,3,4,5, and 7, running each for 10 minutes, all starting at 4:00 am. This would suggest that the entire program would run in about an hour (there is no station delay set). However, in the preview window (screenshot below), it shows the stations as running for about 25 minutes each, ending the complete cycle sometime after 6:00. Any ideas as to what’s causing this discrepancy?

[attachment=1:3fivn8qt]IMG_1269.PNG[/attachment:3fivn8qt]

Samer
    Keymaster

Make sure there’s no other program that is matching the same time/stations. Also, check the interval app directly and make sure it’s interpreted the same way there. If not, it’s a bug on my end however if they are the same then it’s a bug with the interval program.

Update: On the preview, why does S07,S08, etc not show up? They should…

andrew
    Participant

Oh right, that was something else I wanted to bring up. S06 and S08 do not show up because they are not assigned as being part of the program, so they are skipped and don’t appear in the preview. What’s a little strange, however, is that S07 (which is assigned to the program) is labeled as S6 (instead of S7). If I view the preview through a web browser with plenty of screen space, the labels show up as expected (S01, S02, S03, S04, S05, and S07). On an iphone, however, it appears that you’re assigning your own numbering scheme to the stations but it only assigns numbers to the stations that are displayed, when it should probably assign numbers to the hidden stations (even if they remain hidden).

As to my previous issue, I’m currently thinking that it’s a problem with the interval program itself. I’ve checked the OS web interface and that preview shows the same oddity. I’ll post the question to its own thread.

Samer
    Keymaster

I tried to address some of the issues tonight but the bigger ones are just taking longer that’s all.

Here’s what I got in today:

– When in the edit programs page, program headers are highlighted red to mark they are disabled
    – Run-once will now remember your last programmed values and restore them each time you open the page. Also, I have added a reset button to change all the sliders to 0.
    – Fixed a bug that caused AJAX requests to be sent twice. Possibly caused issues rendering pages and should be resolved now.
    – The installer now does a more stringent test and attempts to identify OpenSprinkler machines, only. This should help focus people towards the right IP:port.

Update: @andrew I assign my own numbering to preview stations when on a narrow screen using CSS. Unfortunately, I have limited control numbering this way but it is a lot faster then a javascript solution hence why I am using it. Good news is rotating your iPhone clears to the next @media query which shows the full name. For now, I am going to ignore this bug, hopefully not a big deal?

Update 2: All above changes have also been pushed to the hosted version.

Oasiz37
    Participant

Something is wrong with the latest update. I have a Synology server without git install, so it’s a vanilla setup. I’m using all the old settings but now I’m greeted with a pop-up telling me to check the IP address and port of the timer (which are specified correctly, I’ve checked multiple times) on the “new install” page.

Thank you,
    Oasiz37

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you @Oasiz37! I only tested my last update on the RPi and overlooked the mistake for OpenSprinkler. I got this fixed let me know if it works for you now.

Update: Found a bug in the fix and pushed another update. Should work now.

Oasiz37
    Participant

It all works now, thank you!

cox8996
    Participant

Would it be possible to add a “clear logs” button?

Samer
    Keymaster

That’s a great idea! Sure, should have it posted soon.

cox8996
    Participant

Thank you

kenbob

Could you also have it pull from the water_log.csv file on the Interval program? That would be a nice feature. It looks like it is built into jquery http://jquery-csv.googlecode.com/git/examples/basic-usage.html. The log already gets created when enabled and would be a nice addition to this program for the Raspi.

Samer
    Keymaster

@kenbob I already do my own logging don’t see why I would use a platform specific log when the idea is to be cross platform (OpenSprinkler vs OpenSprinkler Pi). I don’t see any real advantage, honestly.

I just added a simple user management system. It allows you to add/edit/delete users for the mobile app. The user management is in the settings menu and lists the users which are expandable to reveal a change password option and a delete button. You can also tap add in the top right corner to add a new user. If you delete a user that’s currently signed in, you will be logged out. Also, all tokens for the deleted user will expire instantly. So, don’t delete yourself or you could lock yourself out (at which point you could delete config.php and run the installer again).

If any bugs crop up please let me know!

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)