OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) is an extension board for Raspberry Pi (all versions of RPi). It allows RPi to directly access and control sprinkler valves. It comes with a set of laser cut acrylic enclosure.
Note: The enclosure of this version WILL NOT fit RPi 1 Model A or B (i.e. the oldest generation of RPi). Also, if you plan to use RPi 3 or 4: due to the power consumption of RPi 3 or 4, you might need an additional USB adapter to power RPi 3 directly through its microUSB port.
- OSPi v1.5 User Manual
- Laser cut Enclosure Assembly Instructions
- Instructions to Install OpenSprinkler Firmware
- This product requires prior experience with RPi, since you will need to install OSPi software on your own. If you are looking for a sprinkler controller that works out of the box, please check out the fully assembled OpenSprinkler.
- Comparisons of OSPi with other OpenSprinkler products.
- Volume discount available.
OSPi is designed as an extension board that makes use of RPi’s GPIO pins to directly control sprinkler valves, without an additional layer of microcontorller and Ethernet controller. In other words, it is a circuit board that allows an RPi to directly interface with sprinkler valves.
- Single power supply design — the same 24V AC sprinkler transformer powers both sprinkler valves and RPi.
- Built-in A/D D/A converter (4 input and 1 output channels), sensor terminals, zone expansion board connector, and transient voltage protectors.
- Expandable — one OSPi supports 8 zones; expandable to 72 with OpenSprinkler zone expansion boards.
- Control from anywhere — use any modern browser, or use our free apps for iOS, OSX, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Automatic weather-based water time adjustments — use online weather data to auto-adjust water times based on temperature, humidity and rainfall.
- Open-source and customizable.
- One assembled and tested OpenSprinkler Pi board.
- Laser cut acrylic enclosure and screw terminal blocks.
Package DOES NOT Include:
- Raspberry Pi
- microSD card
- 24VAC Transformer (not included by default, but is an optional add-on). If you have an existing sprinkler controller, you can reuse the transformer.